The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Raise $10K in 6 weeks

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
OK I need to raise $10K in 6 weeks. The reason is irrelevant :smxF:

Without asking for a loan from a friend or family member how would YOU, personally, spend the next 6 weeks to try and earn $10K. I have 4 hours each day Monday through Saturday set aside to dedicate my time and energy to earn this cash.

Let's say you were in the same scenario. How would you go about it?

:coffee:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina
Make a newspaper ad, say, Pay $10 and ill tell you how to make 50k month.

Tell them to make an ad like you did.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Mon-Sat, 6 days. (4hrs a day) 24hrs a week
6 weeks = 144hrs

10,000/144 = $69.45, so you need to be earning around $69.45 an hour.

You are not going to get any job making that 4 times a day, 6 days a week for 6 weeks. It's not going to happen.

So (1), Sell as much of your expensive things as you can, plasma TV, PS3, Wii, electronics, extra computers, an extra car, or your main car if you can. sell everything you can afford to sell. (before you start selling realistically add it all up to see how much you would generate)

If you could find a part time job making $20, you still do make only $2880 BEFORE tax.

To make $69.45 an hour is to average out $11,112 a month or $133k a year (i'm not even making that, plenty of us on here are not).

The only way we know how to do that is to start a business or go to school, and get a medical degree, MBA and put in years of schooling, plus internship/residency.

Fastest way to do it is Family and Friends, but since you don't want that. And you say the reason is irrelevant, then it's not important. Cuz if the reason was relevant, I do say, write up a business plan and shop for investors.

Good luck!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Actually the reason is everything...

If you have a strong enough reason, you'll come up with the answer.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Write a check out of my line of credit.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
For quick action, I would start with the consensus here and begin by selling everything you can to raise money. Eastwind is right in that you are not going to make that consistently by swapping your time for income, so youll need to be creative here.

Are you mechanically inclined? (or have a friend/family member who might help you that is?). Pick up a few used/old cars with potential on craigslist that can be picked up for WELL below market, fix them up, clean them up, and shoot to make 30%-100% on your investment on each one. (I personally know a few people that did this, and it is amazing how fast you can make money if you know what to look for). Alot of people that list their used cars in the classifieds dont have a CLUE what they are really worth, so there are always deals out there. 6 cars in 6 months (1 flip a month) can be done easily. Shoot to double that figure and you may even come out ahead of schedule. (just beware of your state laws regarding used car sales, and how many you are allowed to sell before you need a dealers permit).

I will say this, you will be SURPRISED what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it and refuse to even THINK about failure.

Imagine that someone offered you a Lamborghini Murcielago for $10,000, and all you need to do is raise the $10,000 in 6 months to own it. Youd be AMAZED at how fast the wheels will start turning when a goal like that is in site! ;) (just do us all a favor, and keep it legal).

Good luck! :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Yep, I like the flippin idea. Flip cars, ATV's, travel trailers, mobile homes, etc. Gonna have to hustle. GO.:fastlane:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
This is all great advice and I appreciate the responses. I should have reworded the part about it not being relevant. It is relevant but I can't disclose the reason why. It's not for drugs or anything illegal just want to keep the reason hidden because I don't want to reveal a certain part of a situation I am involved in.

With that said, I think a may sell off some useless stuff. After posting this, someone I know has decided to help so we each are going to try to raise $5K. This should be a lot easier for me. I think I may be able to actually dip into savings and use that. Basically the $10K will be counted as a loss. It's not for an investment so I may chalk up the loss. It also comes at a time when I just put down an offer on a new home. So with down payment, some repairs, and other associated costs I need all the cash on hand as possible. Losing $5K may be doable.

Anyway, thanks all.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Actually the reason is everything...

If you have a strong enough reason, you'll come up with the answer.

I agree with Steve's comment here.

Depending upon the importance / urgency of the issue (i.e. your kid needs an emergency operation), it could be pretty easy - sell your car / sell some stuff you own / borrow the money from a family member / take cash out of savings or IRA / make some quick money with flipping, as mentioned earlier.

There are several ways you could do it. It's really a matter of how important the situation is to you in relation to what you're willing to part with / what your willing to do to make it happen / how bad you need the money. For an example of what I mean, rent the movie "John Q" with Denzel Washington.

Good luck to you!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
If you can make the money back on these plays id try to get a line of credit like hak said.

otherwise, i'd sell everything i own. Also if you know social media you can pimp that out to companies or do classes which should make you pretty good money

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Rawr, i can help you get that money, but you need atleast 2k cash to start, i can show you how to flip some things quick but like i said you need that initial cash. PM me if you need the help.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Now I am confused, do you have some proposal Joe? Let's hear the details

bizzyricky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 1, 2009
Hmm make $10,000 in six week.....what a mission

Well you can hit craigslist and do some arbitrage or flipping!!( buy low on craigslist and sell high on Ebay) but that will only get you so far...

LOl or build a website with a highly anticipated product and do an exuberant press release on it... but that takes some skills and a good size mailing list

But the truely best Idea I heard so far is the car flipping thing... If you know what you doing in that area!! you definitely could raise the money you need!

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
What skills do you have that you can use to help do this? Do you have any web skills? or knowledge about a particular thing that could make you money if you just busted a$$ for the next few weeks?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
What skills do you have that you can use to help do this? Do you have any web skills? or knowledge about a particular thing that could make you money if you just busted a$$ for the next few weeks?
I own a server, I do hosting, I do web design, I blog, I write, I earn a steady income and it is sloooooooooooooowly going up. I finally gave myself a raise after 18 months. I spend all day dedicated to my online job. I could easily pull myself aside for about 4 hours per day into a new endeavor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.