The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriting ideas for mundane objects

Marketing, social media, advertising

hammiesink

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 6, 2021
@MJ DeMarco mentioned a fascinating website called significantobjects.com in one of his books. They had creative writers write fictional stories about completely mundane objects purchased from thrift stores, which led to the items being sold for multiple times their price. Wanting to experiment a little, I've decided to declutter my house a bit, and I was inspired by the idea of this. I have some partitioned food containers I accidentally bought that I don't really need, so I decided to try to whip up some kind of description on eBay to see if I could...at the very least...get them to sell at all, if not for more than I paid for them.

Having not exercised my creative writing muscle in decades to the point where it's completely atrophied, I've spent some time staring a blank page for awhile LOL. I'm curious to hear the stories of anyone else who has tried selling similar everyday items on crowded platforms. Did you try writing exciting stories? Or using general copywriting techniques? Etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eliass

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 6, 2021
I have no experience with this but I would still like to direct you towards the term storytelling. Of course copywriting and storytelling are somewhat intertwined, but I think for your purpose storytelling is the right query.
Some basic advice that I would think of my head would be that the reader develops a relationship with the itendet object, but this may or may not be false, since I don't have experience with these sorts of things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.