The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Control commandment - Distribution Business

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
Hello everyone,

As I said in my Intro, my wife and I will take over a business that my dad started a few years ago and I have one concern: Control. I wanted to have your thoughts and advices on this point.

Here is the deal :
The activity will be about selling some professional materials and packaging to bakeries, restaurants, gas station (some of them sell "self-made" sandwiches and sweets...)... located in Switzerland. The products are manufactured in France and have a high quality and reputation. The value offered to my customers is to give access to products of high quality which are impossible to find in Switzerland (of course, they have and use some products today but their choice is very limited).
In a first step, it will be about B2B and in a second step, I plan to launch an e-commerce website (B2C).

You probably already understood my Control issue : it is a "distribution business" as I am not the producer of any products I would sell (which is a clear violation of the Control commandment).

Of course, I am already working on reducing the risks linked to this issue :
- not rely on 1 single supplier
- expand my offer and the type of products offered
- in a 2nd step: work in developing my own "packaging" brand

I know that it is extremely difficult to validate all the CENTS commandments at 100 % but I wanted to have your opinion / advices on this topic as my business validates every commandments except for "C".

Did anyone of you already have experience in a distribution business similar to mine ? Success ? Failures ? Mistakes to avoid ?
Or even others, what do you think ?

Looking forward to read your feedbacks
Julien

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What kind of agreement do you have with the manufacturer?

A good contract could help alleviate control worries.

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
What kind of agreement do you have with the manufacturer?

A good contract could help alleviate control worries.
At the moment, it is only a "gentlemen's agreement" but we are now working on having a contract which is fair from both sides.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.