The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Continue or restart?

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
Hey together,
I have an online business for nature cosmetics with argan oil. I have started the business 4 years ago. First only as a hobby, later with a online-shop, own products and so one.

Now I have one problem. No, I have more problems.

Im not the online marketing king I have to be to make it really successful.
I have normal skills, not specific.

Than I havent got a "new thing". It is only (good!) cosmetics like from much more other business.

And the 3rd problem: I dont love it. I do not burn for it. I love to organize everything, but I hate to make it. You understand?

I thing I have to options:

First: to clench teeth the next month, make it bigger and than hire someone for the online marketing and make it much bigger and start than other projects.

OR

Sell everything and start a new project with the cash. A project that I love.

I like both options. I dont now what would be the better way. A complete restart at zero? With the project I have a good basis...

What would you do in my position?

Thanks everyone!

Cruze

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I had read TMF !

Looks like you need to read it again. :smile2:

There is no use anyone telling you why you should/shouldn't make whichever decision. It is much more favourable for you to have the base knowledge that makes this decision easy for yourself without having to ask.

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
I say go with the second choice.
Sell everything and start from scratch with something you love.
Why spend time doing something you DREAD everyday, especially when you have complete control over this decision?

If you want to liquidate everything or sell the business to someone for a profit, do it and move onto the next idea.
No shame in quitting an idea and moving onto another one.

mathnkrayon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 9, 2017
Philippines
I dont love it. I do not burn for it
It's hard to make a business successful but it's even harder if you don't love it. If your business complies the CENTS you have to think twice before quitting. WADM might help you.
Since eventually, you will decide. You have to decide now because TIME is passing. Remember, there is no perfect idea for a business. There is only a perfect execution.

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
Thanks EVERYONE for the advices in this thread!

GastonEE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2017
Estonia
My congrats about making your business profitable.
I'd realize both scenarios. If you hate this kind of business, it would never become a brand, you don't believe in it. So you can save it, hiring somebody active. And later start another cash business, but do it step-by-step. You'll have money and time to improve your idea.

Cruze

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 6, 2016
So you can save it, hiring somebody active. And later start another cash business, but do it step-by-step. You'll have money and time to improve your idea.

Thats the plan, because it is a cashcow. In parallel, I am working on my next business idea for which I am burning. ;-)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hey together,
I have an online business for nature cosmetics with argan oil. I have started the business 4 years ago. First only as a hobby, later with a online-shop, own products and so one.

Now I have one problem. No, I have more problems.

Im not the online marketing king I have to be to make it really successful.
I have normal skills, not specific.

Than I havent got a "new thing". It is only (good!) cosmetics like from much more other business.

And the 3rd problem: I dont love it. I do not burn for it. I love to organize everything, but I hate to make it. You understand?

I thing I have to options:

First: to clench teeth the next month, make it bigger and than hire someone for the online marketing and make it much bigger and start than other projects.

OR

Sell everything and start a new project with the cash. A project that I love.

I like both options. I dont now what would be the better way. A complete restart at zero? With the project I have a good basis...

What would you do in my position?

Thanks everyone!

Cruze

Maybe the reason why you feel like starting from scratch is cos' you're not making big $$$ with the cosmetics.
If you were making US$69,000 per month with those, would you want to quit? ;)

I always thought this sort of products are quite popular on amazon (*hint).
Maybe you're not packaging it well enough (e.g: throw up a posh website, hire bloggers and female influencers to use it etc.).

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
Why not look at building processes within the business so that you can extract yourself from the day to day running. You'll still get the monthly cash input, plus you'll increase the companies value as it'll be easier to sell as a going concern.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.