The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rant, restart

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
After 4 months of freelance in tutoring, I found it is not sustainable. One month I could have surplus, one month only 1 student left.

My family spends more than I could make. My mom ask for 2.5mil where I make only 1.5mil max.

Today I start a job as an admin, with salary of 1.5mil max (10 hours working). I plan to accept online tutoring students at night (2-3 hours), generate 150k/week max.

No matter how much money I spend trading my time, it's not enough. And no matter how much I fight to decrease the spending, my family not got it cause that's how the last 20 years they spend their money.

I don't want to live like this, and I don't want to end up like my mom. So i read self help book like mj's. But for the last 3 years since I read it nothing changes. Nothing.

I'm still overqualified admin with 4 family to feed solely on my income.

My little wish is to move to good transportation country - Japan for example

So I don't have to rely on motorcycle and my mom.

Counting my freedom number
- 1mil for mom house rent
- 1 mill for food
- 500k for insurance, oil, my brother spending (yes she ask for it)

If I want to live alone, even in my country
- 1 mill for rent
- 300k food
- 100k internet
- 100k emergency (transport)

That's 4 mill/mo

Do I limit my self on choose a job?
Do I rely on my mom too much?
I want to move out in April, anywhere where I could experiment myself

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon45x4yB

After 4 months of freelance in tutoring, I found it is not sustainable. One month I could have surplus, one month only 1 student left.

My family spends more than I could make. My mom ask for 2.5mil where I make only 1.5mil max.

Today I start a job as an admin, with salary of 1.5mil max (10 hours working). I plan to accept online tutoring students at night (2-3 hours), generate 150k/week max.

No matter how much money I spend trading my time, it's not enough. And no matter how much I fight to decrease the spending, my family not got it cause that's how the last 20 years they spend their money.

I don't want to live like this, and I don't want to end up like my mom. So i read self help book like mj's. But for the last 3 years since I read it nothing changes. Nothing.

I'm still overqualified admin with 4 family to feed solely on my income.

My little wish is to move to good transportation country - Japan for example

So I don't have to rely on motorcycle and my mom.

Counting my freedom number
- 1mil for mom house rent
- 1 mill for food
- 500k for insurance, oil, my brother spending (yes she ask for it)

If I want to live alone, even in my country
- 1 mill for rent
- 300k food
- 100k internet
- 100k emergency (transport)

That's 4 mill/mo

Do I limit my self on choose a job?
Do I rely on my mom too much?
I want to move out in April, anywhere where I could experiment myself
After 4 months, do you consider tutoring as a skill? If yes, you can try to monetize it in a more scalable way.

I also found this thread: GOLD! - HOT! - MINDSET - Unhappy? Then pack your damn bags and move...

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023
A

Anon45x4yB

Yes this thread makes me to urgent myself to move out

After re read my post above, I do consider myself rely on my mom too much (mainly transportation)

Scalling a tutoring, yes it is doable. But there are dead months : Mei, June, Dec; no students study. As the holiday coming, the students stop having tutoring.
I was thinking about online courses or something that you can deliver in one-to-many -

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.