I have been thinking about trying to get in contact with the people that I admire (in a business sense).
For a while now I have been reading interviews with people that run businesses or are doing the things that I want to accomplish, and at the end of the interview I find myself thinking "crap, I wished they had asked xxx", or "I wonder if they ever..." It makes me wish that I could just dial them up and ask myself. Obviously this isn't quite possible, but I think e-mail may give a better shot.
The problem is that these people are obviously busy, and I am sure get slammed with questions from people wanting something for nothing all day long. I am sure this makes them put up a shield, or even worse: outsource the replies they give to someone else.
I am talking about people that I would work for in a heartbeat if they offered me a job, not celebrities or pro athletes.
Has anyone done something like this, or have I just fallen off my rocker? What kind of things can I do to separate myself from the hundreds of other questions?
For a while now I have been reading interviews with people that run businesses or are doing the things that I want to accomplish, and at the end of the interview I find myself thinking "crap, I wished they had asked xxx", or "I wonder if they ever..." It makes me wish that I could just dial them up and ask myself. Obviously this isn't quite possible, but I think e-mail may give a better shot.
The problem is that these people are obviously busy, and I am sure get slammed with questions from people wanting something for nothing all day long. I am sure this makes them put up a shield, or even worse: outsource the replies they give to someone else.
I am talking about people that I would work for in a heartbeat if they offered me a job, not celebrities or pro athletes.
Has anyone done something like this, or have I just fallen off my rocker? What kind of things can I do to separate myself from the hundreds of other questions?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
