The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Confused in cycle, how to proceed?

Anything related to matters of the mind

L457dwj

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2018
I'm confused because of many advices given on here.

Many say;
  • Be a problem solver
  • Learn from Udemy courses and make your business around that
  • Continue with the things you're already good at

Maybe I'm small minded since I'm very new to this all.

Problem solver: Sounds great to me because there will always be work to do. Though I'm wondering in what state I am to solve these problems? Let's say a few companies have problems with certain things I don't know anything about? How can I be the problem solver?

Udemy courses: Great as well, just learn and grind and build a business around it. Probably takes more time to really get started (which is not really an option to me at this moment).

Continue with your skills: I don't know what I'm good at, did multiple studies and jobs and never found a thing coming back where I can say 'I always manage to do this or that in what ever study or job'.

I'm stuck in this cycle and really don't know what to do now.. many will think shut up and go, doesn't feel like that for me (at this point).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
You need to find out what you're good at first.
  • Are you good at building mechanical things?
  • Are you good talking/listening to people?
  • Are you good selling to people?
  • Are you good at writing code?
  • Are you a whiz at math?

Find out what you're good at, then within that thing you're good at you could find a potential problem to solve.

Here are some things you could do if you're good at each of these:
  • Building mechanical things: Find a product that has some flaws and issues, design a better one and get it manufactured. Design something from scratch and figure out how to make it work.
  • Good at talking: Go to conventions/meetups that you're interested in and just listen to people. Try to find problems in what they're saying. An idea may sound something like "I really hate it when ... or I'm tired of ... or I wish ...". If you hear something that makes you go ah, I could help with that, try to come up with how you can help these people. If you can do that, you're in business.
  • Good at selling to people: Get a job selling door to door. Get a job selling on the phone, or get no job at all, instead, partner up with someone who needs someone who knows how to sell, or even better in some cases, find or make something to sell and then go sell it.
  • Writing code: Endless possibilities here. SaaS, Desktop software, websites, apps, list goes on.
  • Whiz at math: Learn computer graphics or computational physics and you'll be guaranteed a job when you're in need. From there, there are millions of problems that need solving.
This is not an end all be all list. It's just something to get the gears in your head turning. If you have absolutely nothing that you're good at, find an interest and go be good at that thing.

In the end, no amount of preparation will prepare you for the difficulties you will face.

You have to grow to get good at things. Stop hindering your growth and be open to possibilities. Instead of thinking "I know nothing about that", go find out what it takes to know something about that thing, whatever it may be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.