The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Im confused and scared about my future as a teenager

Anything related to matters of the mind

Eelk

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 11, 2023
Turkiye
To make things clear im 15 years old and i live in Turkey. I'm currently a freshman and even though im a known as a "gifted boy" according to people around me on the academic side i've been really struggling mentally. I'm always stressed about not being able to ever find the right moment to set of myself on the fastlane and if i ever get the chance to im worried if the academic path is actually a better choice. I don't want to at all upset my parents so i try and keep my grades high but ever since the beggining of my self improvement journey that started around this time last year im stressing the f out about not making the right decision. Im worried about dissapointing my parents, im worried about not taking the advantage of learning about fastlane early in life, im worried if dropping school to invest my time in myself (skills, body, mind etc.) and bussines isnt the right choice, im worried if dropping self improvement and bussines for school isnt the right choice, im worried if there ever will be a future for me in this f*cked up country. This rant is such a mess but i just had to get it out of my chest and hopefully i can get some insight from more experienced people of the forum

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing.

Take one thing at a time.

Read the books TMF and UNSCRIPTED , which sum up this forum's ideas. I noticed from your profile that you haven't checked out either of them-- so do give them a read.

As much as some Fastlaners here hate on college, my thoughts on this is that you DON'T have to drop out.

How you do something is how you will do everything else. You may be studying a lot of basic boring stuff now, but the way how you manage your time, find solutions and solve problems can be transferred over to the working world.

You will find that even many of the billionaires who got rich 'quick' like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Zuckerberg were avid students themselves. Except they progressed too fast till they had to find new teachers and opportunities to challenge themselves...

My thoughts on this is to finish your high school degree first.

On studying, check out anything from Cal Newport and Barbara Oakley.

If you are having extra-curricular activities in school outside of classes, you may want to cut that down to
free up time learning a money-making skill. Something like sales, copywriting, web design...anything that helps a business add to their bottomline. There are plenty of resources on these here on the Forum to start with.

Your aim is to FIRST get your feet wet (plus build up some initial cash)
Learn how people work to create value and turn in a profit. And how they bring in more help to scale their solutions.

If you can continue working that skill, even if you choose to leave the country, even better!

Of course, some members here have done OK doing offline work like window-washing or lawn care.
If you know someone you can work for-- to learn such trades up-- go for it.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
To make things clear im 15 years old and i live in Turkey. I'm currently a freshman and even though im a known as a "gifted boy" according to people around me on the academic side i've been really struggling mentally. I'm always stressed about not being able to ever find the right moment to set of myself on the fastlane and if i ever get the chance to im worried if the academic path is actually a better choice. I don't want to at all upset my parents so i try and keep my grades high but ever since the beggining of my self improvement journey that started around this time last year im stressing the f out about not making the right decision. Im worried about dissapointing my parents, im worried about not taking the advantage of learning about fastlane early in life, im worried if dropping school to invest my time in myself (skills, body, mind etc.) and bussines isnt the right choice, im worried if dropping self improvement and bussines for school isnt the right choice, im worried if there ever will be a future for me in this f*cked up country. This rant is such a mess but i just had to get it out of my chest and hopefully i can get some insight from more experienced people of the forum

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength."
- Corrie Ten Boom, concentration camp survivor during WWII

What if you knew for a fact that everything was going to be ok? You'd be able to relax and take every day as it came.

What if you knew for a fact that everything was going to turn out horribly? You wouldn't be able to change that outcome by worrying. But you'd sure be more miserable along the way.

Your brain is in a "worry rut."

To get out of this, try purposely putting your brain into a "gratefulness rut."

Every day, write down 5 things you are grateful for, no matter how small.

You can choose your thoughts.

In so doing, you are also choosing "positive brain chemicals" like dopamine and serotonin rather than "negative" ones like cortisol.

Do this for 30 days and I think you'll see a huge difference in your outlook and how much you are struggling.

Will the circumstances of the trajectory of your country change just by you gaining a more positive outlook?

Nope.

But will you be more likely to identify good opportunities and ideas that help you make decisions that put you in the best possible position to face those circumstances?

Absolutely.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Every day, write down 5 things you are grateful for, no matter how small.
I actually do something like this myself on bad days...but I take it one step further.

I go to folks who have helped me out before, and thank them for XXX support or contribution.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.