The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Completely wasting my time. Learn from this

Marketing, social media, advertising

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
As many people have said adsense is a complete waste of time. But me being stubborn I thought if i had enough traffic, I must make bank right? F*ck no.

Now im not getting millions of people per day, but im getting ~1k /day and I made not even $1 on adsense.

Back when I had a product I only sold one and Ive made more money from that one sale than 4-5 months of adsense

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The only time I made money on adsense was on hubpages where there was a lot of traffic to begin with, and you have to write loads of content to make anything. I didn't feel it was worth my time and effort to write so much content for the amount you make off adsense.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Funny, one month I had an Adsense check bigger than my combined paychecks for the month...but it was a bit against Google's TOS (a wildcard catch-all redirect that happened to catch a HUGE amount of manually mistyped domains, back when people still typed domain names directly into their PC's browser). Great money until Google took the T-bird away...

• Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Funny, one month I had an Adsense check bigger than my combined paychecks for the month...but it was a bit against Google's TOS (a wildcard catch-all redirect that happened to catch a HUGE amount of manually mistyped domains, back when people still typed domain names directly into their PC's browser). Great money until Google took the T-bird away...

Most of the time my RPM is below $1. It shot up to $2k once, thought i was going to make bank, refreshed the page and it dropped again lol

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ha ha! Well a month ago, someone told me to plug all my drains and keep my toilet clean! That gave me a good laugh! I don't know how that makes you rich, but hey, I guess some people believe and have their unique realities! ;)

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
Your making 1k a day....and your making a rant?

Seriously?

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Lol. Yeah, the story doesn't improve if your visitor counts go up. I've had days with over 50,000 visits that netted a whopping $30-40. Abandon ship. Sell something. People make bank from adsense-The people who run adsense. That's all. Even if you got to the point where you had 7M views per month or whatever you'd need to make real money, it would always gnaw at me that the $8000 I was making from adsense each month could be $60,000 or $600,000 of I had a way to monetize the traffic myself. Adsense is like compound interest, use it to pick up a few bucks here and there, but NEVER depend on it as a strategy.

Last edited:

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
BTW....you did not waste your time. It was an education. (I've been 'educated' many times) It will come in handy sometime in the future.
very good way to look at it. Im actually going to create another product, but this time take it more seriously

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@borntodominate ....excellent. Glad to read your response.
You must take it seriously...because...well...it's SERIOUS !

Seriously though :wacky:... Work smart. Work fast. Work hard.
If you don't know something...learn it.
If you don't have something...get it.

No excuses and learn to love the process.
Good luck !

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
take it as a lesson and move on

Anthony Mathapo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 12, 2015
South Africa
i think we should focus on building traffic and managing our e-commerce by ourselves. people are getting ripped off on the net these days. much of the internet is tied to consistency!

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
If you're getting 1K hits a day and your RPM is under $1 dollar you site must be poorly optimised. My average adsense RPM has always been in the $7-18 dollar range, granted most of my traffic would be US/Canada/Australia.

Now that's not to say I like adsense, I know someone who lost tens of thousands in a single month thanks to adsense banning them. So I'd avoid like the plague if I was earning anything substantial anyway. There are now alternate choices that can compete with adsense for earning potential if you know what to look for and can throw around substantial traffic numbers.

I don't use adsense myself anymore, who wants to deal with a service where there is no recourse should they decide they're not happy with you at a whims notice.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
If you're getting 1K hits a day and your RPM is under $1 dollar you site must be poorly optimised. My average adsense RPM has always been in the $7-18 dollar range, granted most of my traffic would be US/Canada/Australia.

Now that's not to say I like adsense, I know someone who lost tens of thousands in a single month thanks to adsense banning them. So I'd avoid like the plague if I was earning anything substantial anyway. There are now alternate choices that can compete with adsense for earning potential if you know what to look for and can throw around substantial traffic numbers.

I don't use adsense myself anymore, who wants to deal with a service where there is no recourse should they decide they're not happy with you at a whims notice.

Any good alternatives to adsense? id just like to see what else there is. dont necessarily want to jump into that again

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
i think we should focus on building traffic and managing our e-commerce by ourselves. people are getting ripped off on the net these days. much of the internet is tied to consistency!
South Africa. Im from there too whats up

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
Any good alternatives to adsense? id just like to see what else there is. dont necessarily want to jump into that again

Media.net ads in combination with content click / taboola sort of services seems to work well for people. And if you have the numbers some custom ads you can charge a premium for. These services can still get rid of you when they want, but from my own experience they're happier to get back to you to rectify issues before things get messy and will payout any final payments before throwing you into the disposal bin :)

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Time learned and time enjoyed are not time wasted.

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013

Decade old data though the Cost per click has gone down since then as well as users growing annoyances with ads and a massive growth in adblock extensions in the browser and in some cases mobile phones.

There will be sites pulling up similar or much bigger numbers today but they're not going to be sharing that information freely. They get that much money because they have highly targeted niche traffic that Adsense can serve to advertisers and it's just simple economics. All of those sites have/had millions of users visiting their sites monthly at an absolute minimum. If you can serve or interact with millions of people, the money will flow.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
It sounds like your site isn't optimized properly. In-line ads work much better than banners. With that said if you're getting 1k visitors a day sell something to them. Is it a niche where you can sell a product? If not, then set up an Amazon affiliate account and sell their products. You'll still make more than adsense. If you can't set up an Amazon affiliate account then maybe you can use Viglink and let them do it for you.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I made $20K in about one year with adsense but I had 20-30K/day visitors. Until it crippled down.
I knew it was temporary and that I had little control so I ran as fast as I could.

You can make money with ads but if they can ban your account any second, you have no control over your income so it's a waste of time.
Build something more solid instead of wasting yout life with adsense.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Yup, gave up on adsense a long time ago. Create something valuable enough to sell.

I feel bad for those people trying to create the next social network. They don't realize how rare it is for something like that to work. You can spend a ton of money trying to support millions of users before you ever see a dime, or you can be profitable from the start, with 1 user.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
BTW....you did not waste your time. It was an education. (I've been 'educated' many times) It will come in handy sometime in the future.

Conversely, faslaners would do well to head the proverb that "an idiot is someone who only learns from their own mistakes."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.