The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Company name for game developer

WillySolman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 29, 2020
Atlanta
Hey People, I’am searching for a name for my game developer company, I would like to have “XD” in the name.
Can you guys please help me out?
I have tried COUNTLESS business name generators, but all of them do not work with “XD”.

Thanks so much,
Willy Solman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What about something nonsensical? HEXDEX HEXDEV DEXDEV, etc? If you play around with it, you can find a domain name that's available (those aren't). FLEXDEV.com is...

WillySolman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 29, 2020
Atlanta
What about something nonsensical? HEXDEX HEXDEV DEXDEV, etc? If you play around with it, you can find a domain name that's available (those aren't). FLEXDEV.com is...
Hey, thanks for the respone, I'd rather not have dev in the name, any other suggestions?
Some examples for game developer names are: Rockstar Games, Ubisoft, Valve, Cd Projekt, telltale, ....

Thanks!

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
@BizyDad gave you some great suggestions.

Honestly the name of the business doesn’t matter very much.

How many games have you released?

That’s the 80 in 80/20. More like 99/1.
Exactly. None of those gaming companies he mentioned got to where they got because of their name. You think Ubisoft became successful because they're named Ubisoft?

No. It's because they all actually make fun games. The only reason you even heard of these names is because they created awesome games.

Hey, thanks for the respone, I'd rather not have dev in the name, any other suggestions?
Some examples for game developer names are: Rockstar Games, Ubisoft, Valve, Cd Projekt, telltale, ....

Thanks!
You're way overthinking this.

FLEXD Games. The name just screams muscular, powerful games. Boom. Done. Now fire up your rig, and go make some cool games and get bought out by Rockstar.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Tom H.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Dec 13, 2019
Jaco, Costa Rica
HEXD is a great suggestion, badass name for a game company. If OP doesn't use it I'll probably register some similar domain just because it's awesome.

What else...

hexdemon, hexdevil, hexdog, hexdigit, hexdollar, hexdrendor, hexdsouls, hexdelite, hexdlost, renderhexd, hexdrive, hexdor, hexd666, soulhexd, hexdelete, hexdware, sexdrive, sexdonor, sexdware, eightysixd, soxdproxy, boxdrive, hexdrivel, unboxd, superboxd, sexboxd, hexboxd, perplexd, spexd, hi-spexd, rockboxd, supedflexd, suplexd, unspexd, texdrive, hexdengine, hexdungeon, texdengine...

Just write like 100 more from there and maybe you'll find something.

Last edited:

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I wouldn't even go into game dev XD

mobilefreetoplay
deconstructoroffun

good luck.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
I wouldn't even go into game dev XD

mobilefreetoplay
deconstructoroffun

good luck.

Me neither, but I do it as a hobby. What I've figured out so far: As long as you go alone or in small teams, unless you have a really unconventional strategy or a lot of money up front for marketing, you make far better money doing YouTube tutorials on how to make games in Unity, Godot or Unreal Engine or game assets. That can actually turn into a sustainable living, plus you got free marketing for the games you put out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.