The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Commandment of Entry Question

Jueruss

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
TMF was published in 2011.

Entry changes when time passes. So I have a very simple question.

Which entry barriers have changed, especially in the digital and programming sector?

This sector is full of WordPress and freelancers.
Ok I admit WP is for basic stuff this is no real option to have an own technology,
but it easy to get an app or a website developed.

Programming a twitter / upwork / uber clone is really not that hard, it just need some time.

Are platforms or apps still fitting the commandment of entry?
Does a mobile application?
VR Apps / Games?
Big Data software?
Artificial intelligence? (this is above my skill level yet, so for me it's a barrier)
Smartcontract apps for cryptos? (above my skill level to, I haven't learned this yet)

learning to code isn't hard anymore, unless someone is stupid.
So what are modern areas with an entry barrier?

What are new markets with a entry barrier which have not been there in 2011?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

404profound

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 27, 2017
Desert of Desertion
VR Apps in unity are pretty easy with a vuforia asset import. Someone without knowledge of C# can just dot a unity build with a vuforia license and make AR / VR apps at commercial quality. That being said, the demand curve for AR/VR will likely outpace the availability of elite app developers, and people who can use tools like ARToolKit for Android or ARKit for IOS will cash out - especially if they understand dynamic content instead of in-place rendering.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
So what are modern areas with an entry barrier?
When entry barriers go down, execution barriers go up.

Sure it might be easy to clone a Twitter app, but executing it into mass adoption, not so easy.

So yes, entry barriers throughout the web space has gone down significantly, and hence, execution barriers have risen in lock step. This is why excellence of execution is required to overcome.

The true entry barrier then becomes problem/solution identification and then execution.

lowtek

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Don't let a glut of "programmers" deter you.

There is a shortage of real computer scientists that can code whole systems that can scale to meet the needs of the business. There's an even greater shortage of programmers with great soft skills.

Soft skills + real comp sci chops = unstoppable force in programming.

OP
OP
J

Jueruss

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
Don't let a glut of "programmers" deter you.

There is a shortage of real computer scientists that can code whole systems that can scale to meet the needs of the business. There's an even greater shortage of programmers with great soft skills.

Soft skills + real comp sci chops = unstoppable force in programming.
So it looks like a spotted it wrong. So basically I consider myself as Programmer to.

I started with programming when I was 15. Today I use react to make apps or web apps. Python for some crawling and so on. I'm no expert. But I am definitely no beginner to this. From time to time I do this work for friends or people I know, but I am a salesperson mainly.
The point is I love it but the skill seems to be less and less important in my view.

Yes they are needed by companies but they get hired. They are no fastlaners or are they? I like coding to but does it really helps me go become a millionaire? For me it looks more like "Do what you love" to get rich stuff or am I wrong on this?

MJ had a good replay to this.
When entry barriers go down, execution barriers go up.

Sure it might be easy to clone a Twitter app, but executing it into mass adoption, not so easy.

So yes, entry barriers throughout the web space has gone down significantly, and hence, execution barriers have risen in lock step. This is why excellence of execution is required to overcome.

The true entry barrier then becomes problem/solution identification and then execution.
What or Where Is the best place or way to learn this skills?

Brendan8450

Contributor
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
(I AM GOING NEGAN ON YOUR a$$)

CODING? Hell well, you already show your arrogance. TELL ME how your father feels..?

DO NOT...think you are too smart. You have not, and...I REPEAT..HAVE NOT covered everything.. You want your next coding experiment? Try your parents...

Your assumed arrogance is your downfall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom