The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Commandment of Entry. (cEnts)

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Amerstain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 3, 2022
belgium, leuven
So i have read about the commandment of Entry in the millionaire fastlane . I now get what is wrong with low to no entry barrier, and how the only way to break it id to be exceptional. However i want to ask you a question: you clarified what's wrong, but what's right? I feel like i can get this with an example. What is an example of a business which doesn't violate this commandment? My first guess would be something with high financial cost. Other than that skills maybe? But i feel like even those would be kind of low barrier. Would appreciate any help or idea's, thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
So i have read about the commandment of Entry in the millionaire fastlane . I now get what is wrong with low to no entry barrier, and how the only way to break it id to be exceptional. However i want to ask you a question: you clarified what's wrong, but what's right? I feel like i can get this with an example. What is an example of a business which doesn't violate this commandment? My first guess would be something with high financial cost. Other than that skills maybe? But i feel like even those would be kind of low barrier. Would appreciate any help or idea's, thanks!
Reach in your pocket and grab your phone.

You thinks its easy to make that?
Engineer it? Ship it? Market it?

Go one level down.
Where did the screen for it come from? The glass, the LEDs, the chips?

Go one level down.
Where did the metal for for your phone come from? Who mined it?

You see you only need to think about the things you buy and use and how they were made and you'll understand what a high barrier to entry is.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
If you're broke, have little skills, have few connections, your opportunity to enter into something with a barrier of entry is to work hard, not follow others blindly, and do something niche enough to not be totally saturated. Those things are all free and accessible to anyone.

If you are starting off in business don't be concerned with starting something ridiculous like a massive aerospace manufacturing plant as your first venture. You do not need to have a 'perfect' CENTS business right away.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
You do not need to have a 'perfect' CENTS business right away.
@Amerstain Here's a thread from MJ that expands on Johnny's point above.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Intellectual Property, lots of research, patents, machinery, brands, networks.
I like to play the "lets start a business together" game.

Eg. Lets start a business, I want to start a dating app for dog owners. Okay, well what am I up against? Platforms that have billions of users, billions of posts & most importantly billions of loyal consumers. I need to build networks, get people onto my platform & convince them to stay there. Its so hard getting enough people to get the ball rolling, nevermind convince people to hand their money over.

Thats a good example of a high barrier to entry. Its gonna be hard for us to compete.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.