The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Comfort zone is killing me softly. How to live?

cheeky ram

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 25, 2018
Poland
Hey guys!

I hope you liked my topic but it's actually quite serious in my opinion. I'm almost 25 years old, I have a job which is well-paid. If we compare my salary to the average salary in my country which is around 600$ maybe - it's pretty great. After this year I will have savings which could secure my living for the next 7-8 years. Ofcourse this is not my plan because I avoid being unproductive and I'm focused a lot on self-development very much lately. The problem with the job is that it's only 5-6 months in a year and the rest of the year I can actually have vacation. This F*cks me up a little bit, because I cannot be systematic with any of my plans. Nobody wants to hire someone for a few months and it's not worth it to have a company while I'm abroad.

My goal is to actually start something in October. I feel like I'm losing my time right now. I don't like my job much, but the money is good for me. That's why it is a hard decision for me to take and just start with working for myself. I have never had any experience with it, nor had my family or friends. My self-esteem was pretty f*cked up 2-3 years ago. My dad liked alcohol and he died when I was a teenager. He was just a burden for the family. I forgave him, but my mind is corrupted with negativity and low self-esteem. That's why I started working with my mindset and it's getting better. My environment, people who are around won't understand it. Why could they? They have never had experience with it, I don't blame them. I'm just angry with myself because I'm tied right now.

I'm reading UNSCRIPTED . I read Fastlane Millionaire. I read this forum a lot. Right now it's passive learning and I'm not executing. MJ talks a lot about people who are hyped about entrepreneurship and then after some time they disappear and don't give a crap anymore. I don't want to be like this. I know it's the only way I can be happy in my life. It's not about money - I just love being independent, having my own freedom to choose. I want to be a CHOOSER not a LOSER. I need to move to a bigger city. I want to invest in myself (I've had spent quite a lot already) I feel like I'm pushing myself but it's still not enough. I don't even go on holidays (I don't remember when was the last time haha) and I don't even need it.

My plan from October:
  1. Rent an apartment in a big city.
  2. Hire myself as a real estate agent ( I feel I need some sales skill)
  3. Working with video editing and learning animation.
  4. Meeting with people who have businesses and people who want to grow.
  5. Find some mentor to help me find out more about business (?)
What do you guys think about it? I need some kick in the a$$, really. Be harsh if needed.

I hope you were not bored with my story. Peace.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
It's not about money - I just love being independent, having my own freedom to choose. I want to be a CHOOSER not a LOSER. I need to move to a bigger city. I want to invest in myself (I've had spent quite a lot already) I feel like I'm pushing myself but it's still not enough. I don't even go on holidays (I don't remember when was the last time haha) and I don't even need it.

This sounds a lot like me before I got fired from my last job and never looked back. I think you're in the right place mentally, the fact that it's not the money but freedom that drives you is a plus, because entrepreneurship is hard and when people realize the money doesn't grow on trees and doesn't always come easy, if that's all that was driving them then they fold.

Only advice I would give, and this is only from personal experience, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, is to be laser-focused and forget about the extra goals. Forget about renting in a big city, forget about improving your sales skills for now, forget about meeting other people and forget about finding a mentor. Focus on what it is you want to do and master it, eat it, sleep it, breathe it, live it. Otherwise, you will realize there are a lot of distractions that make you feel busy and good, and nothing is actually getting built.

cheeky ram

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 25, 2018
Poland
This sounds a lot like me before I got fired from my last job and never looked back. I think you're in the right place mentally, the fact that it's not the money but freedom that drives you is a plus, because entrepreneurship is hard and when people realize the money doesn't grow on trees and doesn't always come easy, if that's all that was driving them then they fold.

Only advice I would give, and this is only from personal experience, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, is to be laser-focused and forget about the extra goals. Forget about renting in a big city, forget about improving your sales skills for now, forget about meeting other people and forget about finding a mentor. Focus on what it is you want to do and master it, eat it, sleep it, breathe it, live it. Otherwise, you will realize there are a lot of distractions that make you feel busy and good, and nothing is actually getting built.

THIS! I think I have some distractions still, but I've dropped many already (like tv, internet stuff, parties) but there are still some other in which I'm sinking in. Plus I live with the family who won't support me and they are telling me shit already. They just don't know and cannot give me advice. Lately I've noticed that some of my friends are getting on my nerves. They piss me off because they are focused on games, babbling about stupid stuff etc. I feel like they distract me and I lose my focus when I'm with them. Unfortunately what's in my mind goes outside so I had some arguments already. I have to be honest that I feel like I'm losing respect for them. Do you think this is ok and doesn't F*ck up my mind? I guess if I will stuck in my city and will be hanging out with them I won't have any progress at all. I just don't want to regret anything after 10 years.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014
THIS! I think I have some distractions still, but I've dropped many already (like tv, internet stuff, parties) but there are still some other in which I'm sinking in. Plus I live with the family who won't support me and they are telling me sh*t already. They just don't know and cannot give me advice. Lately I've noticed that some of my friends are getting on my nerves. They piss me off because they are focused on games, babbling about stupid stuff etc. I feel like they distract me and I lose my focus when I'm with them. Unfortunately what's in my mind goes outside so I had some arguments already. I have to be honest that I feel like I'm losing respect for them. Do you think this is ok and doesn't f*ck up my mind? I guess if I will stuck in my city and will be hanging out with them I won't have any progress at all. I just don't want to regret anything after 10 years.

Oh I thought you wanted to move to a big city just for the dream of living in a big city. If it's to get away from negative influences, then go for it. Doesn't even have to be a big city, just move anywhere else, away from parents and friends. You can love them from afar. You can visit them as often as you want and update them on your progress, and if they start getting on your nerves you can just leave. Right now you have nowhere to go so you end up just internalizing all of their negativity. Or better yet, you can test them and see if they'll go out of their way to come visit YOU and support YOU, or if they were just friends of convenience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cheeky ram

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 25, 2018
Poland
Oh I thought you wanted to move to a big city just for the dream of living in a big city. If it's to get away from negative influences, then go for it. Doesn't even have to be a big city, just move anywhere else, away from parents and friends. You can love them from afar. You can visit them as often as you want and update them on your progress, and if they start getting on your nerves you can just leave. Right now you have nowhere to go so you end up just internalizing all of their negativity. Or better yet, you can test them and see if they'll go out of their way to come visit YOU and support YOU, or if they were just friends of convenience.

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

I just know that if something doesn't work for a long time some change is inevitable. What keeps me apart to fully immerse in a new life/project is that I need to quit my job for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.