The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GET OUT OF YOUR F*ckING COMFORT ZONE!

Anything related to matters of the mind

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Sorry for this flashy title, but I wanted to make a little post to remind everyone that it's important for us to get out of our comfort zone as much as possible. Why ?
Do you really want to know?
Get moving now and push your limits to avoid:
  1. A routine that becomes stale.
  2. A life that feels confined.
  3. An absence of thrill.
  4. Mediocrity.
  5. Stagnation.
  6. Boredom.
  7. Loss of drive.
  8. Loss of creativity.
  9. Loss of imagination.
  10. Loss of inspiration.
  11. Loss of self-esteem.
  12. A possible depression?
  13. Never experiencing anything new.
  14. Never learning anything new.
  15. Inability to feel pleasure.
  16. Wondering. What if?
  17. Never knowing what you could have been.
Sit down and think about it now, what action can I take to get out of my comfort zone? Skateboarding down that ramp? Do 15 pull-ups? Approach that pretty girl on the street? Call this personality to promote your product? Set yourself ONE action per day MINIMUM. And you will see that life is a great game!
Take care my brother and have a great day.
To conclude, if it was the last day of your life, what would you be doing today?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zoobs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 18, 2021
Needed to hear this today, thanks @MaxT

We dont know when our last day will be on this planet, got to take every chance we can :bicep:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Hey @MaxT, given that post I guess you'll be interested in my newsletter that's dedicated to this very topic: Discomfort Club

I cover discomfort from all angles and why practicing it is so important for a fulfilling life.

I'd emphasize one thing from your list:

A possible depression?

I find voluntary discomfort a powerful way to battle depressing thoughts. Depression is an absence of emotions. You feel numb. It's super hard to make yourself feel positive emotions in this state. Voluntary discomfort can help because you can't NOT feel something when you're uncomfortable (like pain, doubt, frustration). And that may be the first step to get out of this numbness.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Needed to hear this today, thanks @MaxT

We dont know when our last day will be on this planet, got to take every chance we can :bicep:
You're welcome, with pleasure, helping each other is important. This forum has helped me a lot and still helps me a lot so I try to return the favor :bicep:

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hey @MaxT, given that post I guess you'll be interested in my newsletter that's dedicated to this very topic: Discomfort Club

I cover discomfort from all angles and why practicing it is so important for a fulfilling life.

I find voluntary discomfort a powerful way to battle depressing thoughts. Depression is an absence of emotions. You feel numb. It's super hard to make yourself feel positive emotions in this state. Voluntary discomfort can help because you can't NOT feel something when you're uncomfortable (like pain, doubt, frustration). And that may be the first step to get out of this numbness.
I totally agree with you, and I am convinced that this is what is most lacking in our Western societies. The hunter-gatherer who sleeps in us is not made to rest on his achievements.
I subscribed to your newsletter, it's a really original idea, I really like it, thank you for creating it! :)

asm-x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 26, 2021
To be real this getting out of your comfort zone never worked for me. Adventures are what sometimes motivate me. Getting out of comfort is necessary when I am doing the wrong thing and I am unwilling to change.

Woosah

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Jan 6, 2022
Great stuff! :bicep:

16. Wondering. What if?
This is a terrible one. It's always better to say "oh well" than to wonder "what if"!

6. Boredom.
I don't know if I totally agree with this one. Being bored isn't necessarily a bad thing. A lot of creativity can come out of boredom, and it's actually really healthy for the mind. Maybe a better one would be "lack of fulfillment", "lack of purpose", or "sense of meaningless".

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
To be real this getting out of your comfort zone never worked for me. Adventures are what sometimes motivate me. Getting out of comfort is necessary when I am doing the wrong thing and I am unwilling to change.
I think everyone should find what works best for them, if you found it is the most important ;)

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I think that for boredom it is specific to everyone too, I like to be busy. Except on vacation of course :p

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
I attend live action role playing. Camping in a damp field dressed as a Viking with full on theatrical battles. It's really uncomfortable, a bit dangerous and tons of ridiculous fun.View attachment 42478
I've heard a lot about it! It's being done more and more also at home in France, it seems that it's very physical to do since the armor is heavy. I'll have to try one day it must let off steam ;)

Mommyp19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Apr 8, 2022

I really like this idea and wanted to sign up for your newsletter but I saw you are very specifically targetting a male audience. I am a woman, can I still be a part of the Discomfort Club?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I really like this idea and wanted to sign up for your newsletter but I saw you are very specifically targetting a male audience. I am a woman, can I still be a part of the Discomfort Club?

I have some female subscribers. One even told me recently she still finds it valuable for her.

For the newsletter subscription there's no requirement to be a man.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.