Guys, lately I've faced a pretty tough dilemma, I'd really appreciate any help and advice.
A year and a half ago I got accepted into a very good university and a very prestigious program, out of the thousands that apply only 100 get accepted each year, it's basically a program that awards two degrees; B.Sc in Economics and B.B.A in Accounting, the workload is unreal and also it's very stressful and leaves very little time for anything.
So far I've paid for everything and been living on my savings but it's running out very rapidly and I don't want my parents to pay for my education because I have 2 sisters and 1 brother that are probably attending college which may make it very hard on my parents, the problem is that there's absolutely no time for finding a job even part-time, plus I always wanted to start my first business while in college, so that leaves me with the question, do you think I should give one of the degrees (been considering giving up accounting, I did for the knowledge I could gain about finance, I don't wanna be a CPA, but I can take some accounting courses if I took Economics only), which would leave me more time for working\starting a business and paying my education, or should I just go on with what I'm doing let my parents pay for my education for the sake of more future (J.O.B.) opportunities given the additional major?
Any insight is really appreciated, thank you in advance.
A year and a half ago I got accepted into a very good university and a very prestigious program, out of the thousands that apply only 100 get accepted each year, it's basically a program that awards two degrees; B.Sc in Economics and B.B.A in Accounting, the workload is unreal and also it's very stressful and leaves very little time for anything.
So far I've paid for everything and been living on my savings but it's running out very rapidly and I don't want my parents to pay for my education because I have 2 sisters and 1 brother that are probably attending college which may make it very hard on my parents, the problem is that there's absolutely no time for finding a job even part-time, plus I always wanted to start my first business while in college, so that leaves me with the question, do you think I should give one of the degrees (been considering giving up accounting, I did for the knowledge I could gain about finance, I don't wanna be a CPA, but I can take some accounting courses if I took Economics only), which would leave me more time for working\starting a business and paying my education, or should I just go on with what I'm doing let my parents pay for my education for the sake of more future (J.O.B.) opportunities given the additional major?
Any insight is really appreciated, thank you in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
