The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Co-branding VS. White Label with 11 Figure Company

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I'm working on a deal right now and have the option of either co-branding with this company or going completely white label. It is a revenue share based deal where we each provide part of the service I'll be selling. I handle customer acquisition and customer service, and they provide the service itself.

From a marketing and brand perspective does it hurt my company or strengthen my company by co-branding with them?

Here are some details:
  1. There are a lot of companies with large market shares in this space, so having a reputation can be meaningful.
  2. This company is not just a white label company, they compete in this space as well. So I am competing against them at the same time.
  3. I will not have the exact same offer as them or any other company in this space. I have my own unique offering.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rhyeal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Sep 5, 2019
Anchorage, AK
One of my friends does something similar to this with a larger company. He's essentially reselling their service, but handles all the customer interaction. They also compete in the space with him.

In his case, branding and marketing is his strong suit, so it's easier to create his own brand. This works for him because the partner company is fairly "old" feeling and his client-base is young tech startups.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.