The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Children's Book Publishing... WOW?!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you thought about transferring the message via comics? I've seen some really interesting comics examples recently with great imagery, stories and message.

Yes! My goal is do have Unscripted in a variety of formats; comic, fiction, non-fiction, teen, who knows, maybe even a party game.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Enormous market, not just for books, but toys, accessories, & on & on. Note J.K. Rowling, Star Wars, etc. Huge opportunity for stories & characters that resonate. Sadly, there's lots of chaff & crap content in kids books & movies.

Marvel

Breaker of Chains
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 2, 2018
Norcal & Twin Cities
Didn't Andy Frisella make a childrens book recently?
Yep, he has. The Otis and Charley series. From what I recall he doesnt make much on it because its more for teaching sense of purpose of some sort. I have the whole collection for my daughter (5years). And I'm also in the writing stage of a childrens interactive book....from stories I made up for my daughter off the top of my head.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
Our family is going through 100 young children's picture books a month at the library.

85% of them are bad to mediocre.

10% are good, and I wouldn't mind reading them again.

5% are great.

Write a decent original story with great illustration, and you could find success.

The key is writing with a series in mind. Some of these series find a hook, and then they just milk it for all it's worth, and now every library in the country has at least a dozen of them.

Then, you can branch out to "early readers", and just crank those things out.

Pete the Cat is a good example. Traditional picture books. A slew of early readers. Song books. Gift Sets. Turns into a TV deal.

Pinkalicous series same exact thing.

None of the books in either of those series qualify as "great". They are just ok to good. But the power of an ever-expanding series, and original/unique illustrations, and a couple of unique story elements, set them apart.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.