The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chess And Life : The analogy

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

GuestUser8117

I've been thinking about this today and I realized that life is likely a game of chess. The king (your most valuable asset, aka time ) has to be protected otherwise you lose the game. Same thing in life, if you give your time to others you are likely to lose the game.

The enemy (procrastination, bad habits, laziness, poor choices) will try to rip you off if you don't take control of the game. The Queen (goals, progress, good habits, intelligence) is your best friend. In chess you have to think multidimensionally. Same thing in life, you have to think long-term and aim for a better future.

Anticipation is the key. You have to adapt to any change or you will be confused and you won't know what you are doing. The fastlane (smart moves) requires careful planning and powerful thinking otherwise you are more vulnerable to the oponnent(the sidewalk). A fastlaner (the winner) act proactively, he is always on offensive. As opposite, the sidewalker (the loser) plays passively, hope for better and is blind to potential opportunities.

In chess, you play to win, to dominate the opponent. Not to lose and being a victim. You want to control the game (your life).

This point of this analogy is to show you that YOU are the main vehicle of your life and no one else will take action for you. So stop dreaming and wake up! ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I've been thinking about this today and I realized that life is likely a game of chess. The king (your most valuable asset, aka time ) has to be protected otherwise you lose the game. Same thing in life, if you give your time to others you are likely to lose the game.

The enemy (procrastination, bad habits, laziness, poor choices) will try to rip you off if you don't take control of the game. The Queen (goals, progress, good habits, intelligence) is your best friend. In chess you have to think multidimensionally. Same thing in life, you have to think long-term and aim for a better future.

Anticipation is the key. You have to adapt to any change or you will be confused and you won't know what you are doing. The fastlane (smart moves) requires careful planning and powerful thinking otherwise you are more vulnerable to the oponnent(the sidewalk). A fastlaner (the winner) act proactively, he is always on offensive. As opposite, the sidewalker (the loser) plays passively, hope for better and is blind to potential opportunities.

In chess, you play to win, to dominate the opponent. Not to lose and being a victim. You want to control the game (your life).

This point of this analogy is to show you that YOU are the main vehicle of your life and no one else will take action for you. So stop dreaming and wake up! ;)

yes thank you.

if we want to win at the game of life here is a good formula

based on the pareto principle

( by the way, this is the formula used by the INTJ elite owning this world . )

same thing at the game of chess :

80 % of indirect moves and waiting : yin

20 % of direct attack with rage. no hesitation : yang

here is what i mean

straight attack on the black king. no hesitation .

so i have to win or die because my attack is definive here :

either my rage wins or i will be destroyed by a counter attack

so checkmate in 10 moves : yang side of life

same thing in business or anything :

you have to balance waiting and rage , yin and yang.

mat 10 moves.png

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And the Queenside Castle is when your loving wife pulls you out of the line of fire and tells you everything is going to be just fine :)

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
And the Queenside Castle is when your loving wife pulls you out of the line of fire and tells you everything is going to be just fine :)

You just re-opened a 5 years old thread about chess talking about Queenside Castling.

Do you play?

PM and we'll get a game going.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You just re-opened a 5 years old thread about chess talking about Queenside Castling.

Do you play?

I just saw it in "new" - technically the guy above me re-opened this thread up.

Although yes, I do play. Not often (because nobody else I know plays other then my 7 year old son) but yes, I love Chess and wish I had more of an opportunity to get better at it.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I just saw it in "new" - technically the guy above me re-opened this thread up.

hmm. Must be someone I'm ignoring...

Although yes, I do play. Not often (because nobody else I know plays other then my 7 year old son) but yes, I love Chess and wish I had more of an opportunity to get better at it.

Nice. That's why I stopped playing... no one to play with.[/QUOTE]

Genius01

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 18, 2017
Nigeria
Lol, I like this.
That's if there isn't a Knight and Bishop lurking around that corner, waiting to make nonsense of the castling.

Chess....its really been a while...time has been taken up by many other activities of life.
Its a really wonderful game, about the best game ever.

Maybe we'll hold a Fastlane chess competition some day....and the winner takes a hundred grand. :cool::)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.