The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Changing my life and it feels amazing

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Hope you guys are all doing well! Figured I'd bump this post and see who else wants to get motivated and get into the gym, clean up the diet, whatever!

Here's me in week 1 of my program vs me in week 10 of my program (Both pics are relaxed no flex, and not sticking gut out lol)... I'm currently on week 17 of a 24 week program. I am going to do another 24 weeks immediately though!

View attachment 13431
Congrats man, you look at least 5 years younger!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I'd like to quit smoking sometime before the end of this year - been smoking for 7 years and feel that it's just bad for my health and a drain on my finances; managed to quit once for over a month but felt I ended up replacing the 'craving' with other mild addictions such as compulsive social media or video gaming, and ended up relapsing.

Been looking into Zen and mindfulness Meditation (such as their breathing exercises) and thinking it might be the best aid to quitting cold turkey. Not going to bother with "aids" such as e-cigarettes since I attempted to use them before but they didn't really help because I wasn't mentally set on quitting, just casually using the aid hoping it would "work".
Try reading a copy of The Easy Way to quit smoking by Allen Carr. Not for everyone but worked for me many years ago. Although of course you have to really want to quit.

hatzil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Nov 29, 2015
Israel
good job @LeftBench !
as @pickeringmt said:
"if it isn't enjoyable you wont be consistent - and consistency trumps everything else here."

maybe this will help people get started without enjoyment:
the thing is- to me, I didn't find it enjoyable going to the GYM at the beginning but I really wanted the benefits. My fix:
-I educated myself about how to properly workout and about nutrition from different books- which made it a a lot more fun since I study new things and challenge myself both mentally and physically.
-Knowing what you're doing keeps you motivated since I started getting results quicker.
-I pass all this knowledge to my family, which is HUGE benefit for me.
-I have been suffering from health problems, so it motivated me to maximize my health.
-after a while, GYM/other similar becomes a habit, and it gets easier.
-I think health is a huge market,and there are fastlane opportunities out there. the more I dive deeper into books, the more I possibly come across a problem I may fix.
-relying on knowledge worked much better for me, instead of short-term motivation(which is good when you start "executing"). also- knowledge can help you prevent injury, which can be de-motivating.
-I lowered my standards in terms of finding the best nutrition/workout when I start.

I call all these the WHYPOWERS- and I used them to replace the need for enjoyment from the workout itself, until ironically the workout do becomes a fun thing you I couldn't go without in my day.
find the whypowers that suit you, it doesn't have to be the "fun" power

Last edited:

SethTavis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 2, 2016
Little Rock, Arkansas
Yes it does man.

I'm 26, also 5'8 5'9, been a absolute skinny weakling all my life, persistent minor acne issues, lazy eating habits.
Finally started keeping workout journal 2 years ago but didn't workout smart, just doing reps till exhaustion which didn't increase my strength at all in the long run.

Finally got F*ckin sick of this shit, read Convict Conditioning 1,2 and 3, The Naked Warrior, Power to the people, beyond bodybuilding, C-MASS calisthenics and now i formed a proper progression based calisthenic workout and my gut feeling tells me im doing it the right way now.

Also completely regimented my diet, i read Anabolic Diet which promotes max fat and protein with minimal carbs on weekdays and high carb load on weekends which causes the body to preserve muscle when losing fat.

Through sheer force of willpower i also gave up F*ckin sugar... goddamn sugar, sweets and cakes and all that good stuff. I think ill only indulge on the weekends or after sports or whatever.

Also read the way of energy which teaches zhan zhuang, similar to tai chi but mostly involves simply standing still for a while instead of moving around, its very interesting.

I just got off night shift about a month ago after a year which was totally mentally and physically destructive. After i got off the shift i couldn't for my life wake up in the morning, but finally today forced myself to get up at 7am, did my taichi for 10 minutes and jump roped for 10 minutes all before breakfast, its awesome to start your day on a high note instead of waking up at 3 F*ckin PM and go straight to my day job.

I don't see why i can't follow these SIMPLE habits for the rest of my life, im certain to live far longer and far healthier.

After reading this you have inspired me to look up those books and get a plan together! I'm thin and have always been under weight but through I was healthy enough. I don't eat junk food (no fast food in 4 years) but I can improve. Thanks for sharing!

KingWing26

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Sep 7, 2016
Boston, MA
Physical fitness/health is 10% a smart routine and 90% getting off your a$$ and going to the damn gym.

Talk to friends, family, members of your gym who clearly know what they're doing. Try out what you learn, take out what doesn't work and add in what works to create your own personal plan.

Remain consistent and before you know it going to the gym will blend right in to your daily routine.

Everyone has an hour in their day, "Just do it!!!!" - Shia Labeouf

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
After reading this you have inspired me to look up those books and get a plan together! I'm thin and have always been under weight but through I was healthy enough. I don't eat junk food (no fast food in 4 years) but I can improve. Thanks for sharing!

hey good luck man, for full disclosure i dont follow anabolic diet anymore but i do try to get at least enough calories on daily basis to promote growth.

HotRocket

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jun 14, 2016
I'd like to quit smoking sometime before the end of this year - been smoking for 7 years and feel that it's just bad for my health and a drain on my finances; managed to quit once for over a month but felt I ended up replacing the 'craving' with other mild addictions such as compulsive social media or video gaming, and ended up relapsing.

Been looking into Zen and mindfulness Meditation (such as their breathing exercises) and thinking it might be the best aid to quitting cold turkey. Not going to bother with "aids" such as e-cigarettes since I attempted to use them before but they didn't really help because I wasn't mentally set on quitting, just casually using the aid hoping it would "work".

How's it going? Did you end up stopping?

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
How's everyone doing? I'm on week 37 of my nutrition program (signed up for another 24 after the first 24).

A few bumps in the road but being on track again feels good. I am planning on hitting a 5k in April with my brother (originally planned for a 1/2 Marathon in May but I didn't train enough).

I'm just getting over being sick with a bad cold for the last week, and flu like symptoms the week before that. Can't wait to get back in the gym and start grinding again.

I'm 13 pounds away from my next weight goal. After that I'm not really worried about weight anymore but more so how I look and feel.

Been a while since I checked this thread out. Hope some of you guys are finding success and health!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.