james23
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
My name is James and I've been in business since 2008. I was a reluctant entrepreneur because I kept getting fired from jobs (another longer story). The first 5 years of my business was with a franchise by the name of WSI - We Simplify the Internet. This was a digital marketing company based out of Toronto Canada and I was one of (around) 2000 franchisees. In reality, I was a poorly paid sales person for their "production centers" (where the work would be sourced to depending on what clients hired you for). Barely made any money in 5 years and had countless fights with my wife who wanted me to get back into the job market. I held my ground and after the contract expired in 2013, I set up my own online digital marketing agency. Focused mainly on website development and SEO in the local Miami, FL marketplace. I never picked one, single niche which in hindsight, was a BIG mistake. Around 2 years ago I moved away from website design and worked on creating sales funnels and paid advertising channels like Facebook and Google Adwords. The BIGGEST change in my almost 10 years came at the end of 2016....VIDEO. I wanted to focus my efforts on video production and video marketing. I'm confident I've found my passion as I love everything about the creative process and watching an idea turn into something tangible ie. Video with a story. Then, taking the final output and making it work for the client.
That's my story...
Look forward to contributing...
James
My name is James and I've been in business since 2008. I was a reluctant entrepreneur because I kept getting fired from jobs (another longer story). The first 5 years of my business was with a franchise by the name of WSI - We Simplify the Internet. This was a digital marketing company based out of Toronto Canada and I was one of (around) 2000 franchisees. In reality, I was a poorly paid sales person for their "production centers" (where the work would be sourced to depending on what clients hired you for). Barely made any money in 5 years and had countless fights with my wife who wanted me to get back into the job market. I held my ground and after the contract expired in 2013, I set up my own online digital marketing agency. Focused mainly on website development and SEO in the local Miami, FL marketplace. I never picked one, single niche which in hindsight, was a BIG mistake. Around 2 years ago I moved away from website design and worked on creating sales funnels and paid advertising channels like Facebook and Google Adwords. The BIGGEST change in my almost 10 years came at the end of 2016....VIDEO. I wanted to focus my efforts on video production and video marketing. I'm confident I've found my passion as I love everything about the creative process and watching an idea turn into something tangible ie. Video with a story. Then, taking the final output and making it work for the client.
That's my story...
Look forward to contributing...
James
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
