The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Challenge Accepted

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
My name is Sylar; I'm a 27 yr old man who currently works a full-time job (digital marketing) while building my Fastlane business after work + on weekends. My business has nothing to do with DM (although the skills I learn at my job will certainly be indispensable).

I squeeze in 2 hours of Fastlane work on weekdays and 9 hours on weekends. The Fastlane road (my hidden life on top of Slowlane daily drudgery) hasn't been easy, but so far, I've pivoted several times and did not sink too much money in the "wrong" direction, to my great relief. Pretty much all my coworkers have children, watch TV after work, and do everything MJ referred to as the "Slowlane script," which gives me a slight sense of superiority when I talk with them (heh).

My business philosophy, derived from reading MJ's books (among others), is simple: find ways to create value and then distribute the value, and the "money" issue will take care of itself.

I would be glad to share some of my mistakes/life lessons with the forum in the future. Although I am quite young, I have enough scars to prove my mettle.

(You know what? I'm feeling generous today, so I'll contribute something in a few minutes.)

Glad to be here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
What mistakes and life lessons have you learned so far?

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
What mistakes and life lessons have you learned so far?

Believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

If everyone tells you [x] is a great business idea, (or in the case of the Slowlane script, "[x] career is a great opportunity") run away fast.

Stop wasting time trying to optimize/tinker your web pages and start talking with people. The sooner you start asking the right questions, the sooner you can reach/test the market.

Do not hold back when dealing with potential clients; display courage and be their "hero." (Think of all those Youtube celebrities who were nobodies but built a large fanbase over the years)

You will never "be ready." Take a leap of faith into the trenches and do whatever it takes to emerge victorious.

Buy a standing desk/standing desk converter. <---- More important than you might think

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

If everyone tells you [x] is a great business idea, (or in the case of the Slowlane script, "[x] career is a great opportunity") run away fast.

Stop wasting time trying to optimize/tinker your web pages and start talking with people. The sooner you start asking the right questions, the sooner you can reach/test the market.

Do not hold back when dealing with potential clients; display courage and be their "hero." (Think of all those Youtube celebrities who were nobodies but built a large fanbase over the years)

You will never "be ready." Take a leap of faith and do whatever it takes to win.

Buy a standing desk/standing desk converter. <---- More important than you might think
Yes, sir!

tenor.gif

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...