The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Capitalism and Innovation

Bamcis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Hey all,

This will be my last semester in college and any time I have a writing assignment I try to write about business to force myself to learn more and what not. I have decided on capitalism for this assignment. More specifically I will be arguing that capitalism has led to more innovation than any other economic system. My rough thesis is "capitalism breeds innovation". I will be researching about other historic economic policies/systems like mercantilism.

I turn to the thread for two reasons. The first is to see if any non-US people can offer insight on their country's respected economic policies and how innovative they are. And the second reason is just to offer an interesting topic of discussion.

I suppose I should clarify what I mean by innovation. I do mean advances and developments in technologies, but also material goods, processes, employee standards, etc....... Essentially innovation isn't limited to just tech is what I'm saying.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bamcis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 2, 2015
Boise, Idaho
I suppose I can form it as a question.

Do people agree with me that capitalism leads to faster and "better" innovations, compared to other major economic systems? And why?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I suppose I can form it as a question.

Do people agree with me that capitalism leads to faster and "better" innovations, compared to other major economic systems? And why?

In reality - capitalism treats innovation as necessary evil.
Comparatively to other system - at least it allows it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Yes, because capitalism is a free market enterprise; whereas other economies production is controlled by the government.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.