The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can Self-Hypnosis Lead to a Better Life?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ntshloren

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 5, 2019
London
Self-hypnosis: what it is and what it can do
Hypnosis is the practice of promoting an altered state of mind or consciousness where patients become highly responsive to suggestions by the person performing the hypnosis. It is often used in psychiatric and medical treatments. Hypnosis is characterized by repetitive vocal suggestions and commands that are uttered in a monotonous tone of voice. The sound is meant to induce relaxation and calmness by focusing the patient's consciousness on a specific subject or idea.
With the use of self-hypnosis to achieve a better life, the act is performed by the patient himself, usually through the aid of a picture, video or audio recording. Sometimes, self-hypnosis that is similar to meditation may also be used. This is accompanied by controlled breathing exercises and repetitive verbal self commands.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
On a basic enough level if your "self talk" sucks it is going to have an impact.

People who go around all day with an attitude of "this sucks. it won't work, it is going to fail" usually do see a lot of failures.

On the flip side then having great self-talk is going to help... "I can do this..., I can make this work..., this is just another challenge which I will successful conquer...". This type of self-talk helps a LOT.

So I don't know if that is Self-hypnosis or not but it does work and self-talk is probably the best place to start. If you don't have great self-talk then work on that first before using some elaborate system.

There are a lot of great books on self talk and self image out there.

mongoose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 29, 2018
I highly recommend the book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie.
If you have recurring negative thoughts then it's highly likely that those are deeply held beliefs you have. This books deals with letting them go.

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Man I have many negative thoughts how can I make them stop if I want to do so something negative thoughts pop up that says I cant do this or that or give up its not gonna work :(

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Your self image should lean just past your edge.

If you go too far, you’ll end up as a real life Twilight Zone episode.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Changing yourself precedes changing your environment. Sure, you can use hypnosis, gnosis, or any other -osis that works for you.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Well, I deffinetly believe that all thoughts you hold in your mind will have a huge impact on your life.

SO YES!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.