The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Can Happiness Make you Richer?

• Total voters

TadBit$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 18, 2018
West Hollywood
How-Much-Money-Will-Make-You-Happy.jpg

Most People think being richer is the key to happiness.
Lets flip that concept and explore shall we!

My experience is that when your sick or sad you can have a grim outlook on business or life.

1. you may not have to power to deal with your feelings and may create more problems due to the lack of thinking when your not at your best. But you also may for the lack of time to waste take more risk with nothing to loose and may land you in financial success!!

2. When you are happy you may be content with what you currently have and may not attempt to take a risk which will always equal 0.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
In my experience: I believe Happiness is a mindset. It doesn't matter where you're standing, you can be in the middle of a storm and be calm, filled with joy, and happiness, and when you've mastered this no matter what's going on around you, than you will find you're wealthy and rich in another way than money. Money adds to the happiness, makes things move more smoothly, gives you more opportunity, gives you options, and the upper hand. The mindset still determines whether your truly happy or unhappy. The quality of life, the choices you're making, the way you see the world all reflects the way you feel at different stages of the game. You can be a billionaire, but be unhappy, depressed, and pissed off at the world, and you can be the poorest man in the world and feel the same way.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
Happiness is a mindset in how you see things day to day . A optimist sees things different than a pessimist .Reminds me of a story about two shoe salesmen sent to Africa . One calls home and says its terrible here no ones wears shoes . The second one calls in and says this is fantastic no one has any shoes .

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Happiness is a mindset in how you see things day to day . A optimist sees things different than a pessimist .Reminds me of a story about two shoe salesmen sent to Africa . One calls home and says its terrible here no ones wears shoes . The second one calls in and says this is fantastic no one has any shoes .
No one has shoes cause they can't afford them...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
No one has shoes cause they can't afford them...

He didn't finish a story. He meant it's great that no one wears shoes - because there's a huge untapped shoe market awaiting. Not sure who could afford them though lol.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
He didn't finish a story. He meant it's great that no one wears shoes - because there's a huge untapped shoe market awaiting. Not sure who could afford them though lol.
No I understood lol I just thought the analogy was fallacious.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
A few months ago I was taking a medication that had an anti-depressant side effect. Well... I almost started a $10B business. I spent $4K to buy a domain name, the rest of the process looked like a slam dunk... Or so I thought. When the drugs wore out I relized how trememdous of an enterprise this would have been, if I tried to pirsue it the way it was. I also realized that without mind altering drugs I had no stomach for that kind of a business. So, the idea is now on the back burner.

Can being artificially happy make you rich? Sure it can. Can it also make you waste a lot of time, energy, and make you broke? Absolutely.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
You need a 3rd option. A bit of both.

The best way I've seen it described is realistic optimism.

If you look at Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett and Munger are the perfect example.

Buffett is the happy go lucky fella who gives his nephew a quarter so he can buy a lollipop at the corner store. But Munger chimes in letting him know that if he buys too many he'll get cavities.

Last edited:

Your Boy George

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 2, 2017
Austin, Texas
Focusing too much on "being happy" can turn into an action-fake. But nonetheless, there is a certain level where happiness allows you to move forward in a more rational manner.

TadBit$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 18, 2018
West Hollywood
In my experience: I believe Happiness is a mindset. It doesn't matter where you're standing, you can be in the middle of a storm and be calm, filled with joy, and happiness, and when you've mastered this no matter what's going on around you, than you will find you're wealthy and rich in another way than money. Money adds to the happiness, makes things move more smoothly, gives you more opportunity, gives you options, and the upper hand. The mindset still determines whether your truly happy or unhappy. The quality of life, the choices you're making, the way you see the world all reflects the way you feel at different stages of the game. You can be a billionaire, but be unhappy, depressed, and pissed off at the world, and you can be the poorest man in the world and feel the same way.

Well said. I agree. Also the thing is you have control over anything. I think when your happy you have better options at " Getting to the Bag" or Making money. You may take more risk or calculated risk to get paid. Or you may not have the need to "get the bag" due to a feeling of satisfaction if you will!

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
I think it can for many reasons.

1. Who wants to deal with people in a bad mood? Being happy and having a great smile helps to network, build relationships, sell products, etc. I firmly believe being happy shows enthusiasm. And if you dont show enthusiasm for your goals, then why would anyone else even bother to help you with those goals?

2. I feel being in a happy state also helps you to think clearer. When a big problem comes up, grumbling, worrying, and all those other negative emotions make it difficult to create a solution. I like to immediately step back and take a breather, figure out the cause, create a solution, and implement. And the clearer your mind is when implementing the less likely there is of screwing up the fix.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Yes. Now if you combine the state of being happy with no fear, the combination is magic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.