The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Can Feeling Happiness make you richer?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Can Happiness Make you Richer?

• Total voters

TadBit$$

New Contributor
Feb 18, 2018
West Hollywood
How-Much-Money-Will-Make-You-Happy.jpg

Most People think being richer is the key to happiness.
Lets flip that concept and explore shall we!

My experience is that when your sick or sad you can have a grim outlook on business or life.

1. you may not have to power to deal with your feelings and may create more problems due to the lack of thinking when your not at your best. But you also may for the lack of time to waste take more risk with nothing to loose and may land you in financial success!!

2. When you are happy you may be content with what you currently have and may not attempt to take a risk which will always equal 0.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands
In my experience: I believe Happiness is a mindset. It doesn't matter where you're standing, you can be in the middle of a storm and be calm, filled with joy, and happiness, and when you've mastered this no matter what's going on around you, than you will find you're wealthy and rich in another way than money. Money adds to the happiness, makes things move more smoothly, gives you more opportunity, gives you options, and the upper hand. The mindset still determines whether your truly happy or unhappy. The quality of life, the choices you're making, the way you see the world all reflects the way you feel at different stages of the game. You can be a billionaire, but be unhappy, depressed, and pissed off at the world, and you can be the poorest man in the world and feel the same way.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
Happiness is a mindset in how you see things day to day . A optimist sees things different than a pessimist .Reminds me of a story about two shoe salesmen sent to Africa . One calls home and says its terrible here no ones wears shoes . The second one calls in and says this is fantastic no one has any shoes .

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Happiness is a mindset in how you see things day to day . A optimist sees things different than a pessimist .Reminds me of a story about two shoe salesmen sent to Africa . One calls home and says its terrible here no ones wears shoes . The second one calls in and says this is fantastic no one has any shoes .
No one has shoes cause they can't afford them...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
No one has shoes cause they can't afford them...
He didn't finish a story. He meant it's great that no one wears shoes - because there's a huge untapped shoe market awaiting. Not sure who could afford them though lol.

Supercar

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
A few months ago I was taking a medication that had an anti-depressant side effect. Well... I almost started a $10B business. I spent $4K to buy a domain name, the rest of the process looked like a slam dunk... Or so I thought. When the drugs wore out I relized how trememdous of an enterprise this would have been, if I tried to pirsue it the way it was. I also realized that without mind altering drugs I had no stomach for that kind of a business. So, the idea is now on the back burner.

Can being artificially happy make you rich? Sure it can. Can it also make you waste a lot of time, energy, and make you broke? Absolutely.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
You need a 3rd option. A bit of both.

The best way I've seen it described is realistic optimism.

If you look at Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett and Munger are the perfect example.

Buffett is the happy go lucky fella who gives his nephew a quarter so he can buy a lollipop at the corner store. But Munger chimes in letting him know that if he buys too many he'll get cavities.

Last edited:

Your Boy George

Contributor
Dec 2, 2017
Austin, Texas
Focusing too much on "being happy" can turn into an action-fake. But nonetheless, there is a certain level where happiness allows you to move forward in a more rational manner.

OP
OP
TadBit$$

TadBit$$

New Contributor
Feb 18, 2018
West Hollywood
In my experience: I believe Happiness is a mindset. It doesn't matter where you're standing, you can be in the middle of a storm and be calm, filled with joy, and happiness, and when you've mastered this no matter what's going on around you, than you will find you're wealthy and rich in another way than money. Money adds to the happiness, makes things move more smoothly, gives you more opportunity, gives you options, and the upper hand. The mindset still determines whether your truly happy or unhappy. The quality of life, the choices you're making, the way you see the world all reflects the way you feel at different stages of the game. You can be a billionaire, but be unhappy, depressed, and pissed off at the world, and you can be the poorest man in the world and feel the same way.
Well said. I agree. Also the thing is you have control over anything. I think when your happy you have better options at " Getting to the Bag" or Making money. You may take more risk or calculated risk to get paid. Or you may not have the need to "get the bag" due to a feeling of satisfaction if you will!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
I think it can for many reasons.

1. Who wants to deal with people in a bad mood? Being happy and having a great smile helps to network, build relationships, sell products, etc. I firmly believe being happy shows enthusiasm. And if you dont show enthusiasm for your goals, then why would anyone else even bother to help you with those goals?

2. I feel being in a happy state also helps you to think clearer. When a big problem comes up, grumbling, worrying, and all those other negative emotions make it difficult to create a solution. I like to immediately step back and take a breather, figure out the cause, create a solution, and implement. And the clearer your mind is when implementing the less likely there is of screwing up the fix.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Yes. Now if you combine the state of being happy with no fear, the combination is magic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
While this is a marketplace post marking the re-launch of my popular course “5-Steps to Create a...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Received, and I replied ;) Hope you will take out more protegesss soon ;)
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock