The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can a fast-lane business be started on WordPress?

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Great information here, thanks for bringing up the topic... It is a question I had and I am sure many other people had the same question.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nitop

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Dec 21, 2015
Very true. I totally get what you're saying about being dependent upon 3rd party software or a framework like WordPress.

I keep telling people not to use LAMP but they won't listen! That ties you into Linux, Apache, Mysql, and Php... you have FOUR DEPENDENCIES now. I wouldn't go with WISA either, cause then you're tied to all Microsoft. It'd be best to independently develop an operating system, web host, database system, and dynamic web language from scratch.

While all languages and frameworks offer great benefits as a starting point, that doesn't go deep enough, your still dependent on the hardware! So I think I finally get the point... if I want to build a successful online business, I need start with building a computer... or wait... I don't want to be dependent upon sources for the materials I use to build those machines... so I'll probably need to mine my own silicon and copper.

SO, if you want to start a software business, first thing first would be to start speculating for silicon and copper mines. Get right down at the base so you have zero dependencies.

Fastlane here I come!

Questions:
Why work with C# and refuse to use .NET?
Why work with Java and refuse to use the Java Framework?
Why work with Javascript and refuse to use jQuery?

awesome post buddy , had a great laugh after a tiring day building peerfly / pinterest ads compaigns ..

here's the problem though, mining copper and silver depends on the planet " earth" , again violates the law ,,,...help! ;)

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
The answer to your question is YES-you can start a fastlane business with wordpress-In fact unless your product is a downloadable piece of software the great news is that you can start the business even without the internet!

Remember businesses, believe it or not existed even before the invention of the computer and the digital world! (Truely shocking I know!!)

Perhaps the key word in your thread title is 'started'!

You have to start somewhere- An actionable start is the 1st steps to success (fastlane or otherwise) so as with alot of things in life and on the forum if you just make the 1st step you're doing better than the majority in this world.

I see alot of procrastination on the forum-Ppl posting is this is good or that bad etc etc-

Just do it without wasting your time posting your thoughts/doubts-if it fails you'll have learnt a valuable learning lesson and if it works-well its bloody well worked!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I found once this article with famous bloggers first websites... these are not exactly it (I can't seem to find it again!) but will give you an idea...of course the design in the early 2000's was much more simpler and now you can invest in a decent looking theme if you want but it shows most websites started with something super simple:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/6125914/How-20-popular-websites-looked-when-they-launched.html

http://royal.pingdom.com/2008/10/21/a-visual-history-of-11-successful-blogs/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

stoltzk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 11, 2016
New Orleans, La
People can correct me if they know better but I believe the likes of NASA,Vogue,Forbes,LinkedIn, sony music and UPS use wordpress for at least parts of their websites. Off course these will have some excellent developers working in the background but I think it shows that wordpress is a decent enough starter.

An alternative is to maybe look at a company like Wix.com. This may be more affordable for you but you have to do the comparison and see if it will work for you. Good luck.

niteowl

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 25, 2016
It depends on what VALUE that you offer from your business.

If the value is on the CONTENT of your website, and Wordpress is only used to DISTRIBUTE it worldwide...then, YES, abselutely..you can use WP.

But, if your value is on the TECHNOLOGY...i doubt you can succeed.
You need to build a custom web app in this case. A good one.

Just my 2 cents :)

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I couldnt find any other place better than this to get some assistance from the web gurus.

I just purchase a hosting package from godaddy and installed wordpress over there. However when I try to visit the website it shows a certificate error something like this.

"Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA"

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but I couldnt find any other place better than this to get some assistance from the web gurus.

I just purchase a hosting package from godaddy and installed wordpress over there. However when I try to visit the website it shows a certificate error something like this.

"Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA"

Does anyone have any idea what could be the issue?

Look into getting ssl/hhtps working with your configuration.

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Cloudflare can provide free SSL certification via redirects. I've never been successful with it, but I know many websites use this. GoDaddy might also have free/cheap options, I'm not sure.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
It's worth looking into getting an SSL certificate in any case. Besides being a major bonus for security on the site, for anything requiring logins or dealing with payments where you don't want to be dealing with unencrypted traffic, Google seems to add some boost in rankings for sites served over HTTPS. (You can also run HTTP/2 with an SSL-ready server, but that's probably overkill/too nerdy to worry about for the time being.)

I don't know anything about GoDaddy or other shared hosting services, but on the VPS servers I run, I use the free certificates from Let's Encrypt. They offer a range of options for various hosting solutions, so you might be able to find one that works for you.

Thank you for your valuable advice. I checked with godaddy few days ago after rasing my concern here. I came to know that they allow Let's encrypt on their servers but it would be valid only for 90 days and I would have to re-install manually. However, it's a good option rather than spending huge amount of money at the initial stages.

JB92

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 28, 2019
Thank you for your valuable advice. I checked with godaddy few days ago after rasing my concern here. I came to know that they allow Let's encrypt on their servers but it would be valid only for 90 days and I would have to re-install manually. However, it's a good option rather than spending huge amount of money at the initial stages.

You can set let's encrypt ssl's to auto-renew, do you have a VPS?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Starting my business with a WP front end and a Shopify backend.

If that’s a bad idea I’m open for suggestions!

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2021
About, Wordpress, if you are planning to build a SAAS type of website, i would advise you against Wordpress. Wordpress is great if you are building a blog, or website based on content, or even a e-commerce. But beyond that, Wordpress may compromise you ( because of performance )
So What do you indicate?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.