The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to investing, including crypto

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this resource which I think is pretty interesting. I have mentioned the subject before here.

So what I am talking about is acquisition entrepreneurship. I follow a girl called Codie Sanchez who has a website called Contrarian Thinking and Unconventional Acquisitions. Basically, she talks about buying "boring" and cashflowing businesses.

She recently posted a blog post on how to buy a cashflowing online business. And if you know the four skills every business owner should have that Fox talks about: sales, marketing, support, and systems.

Then I think you are in a great position to buy these online businesses, run them, scale them and make them more profitable. And perhaps outsource or optimize the business so much that you don’t have to be involved in the daily operations.

Here are the blog posts where Codie talks about buying these businesses:

As an example, she mentions a sewing machine business that makes a monthly profit of $642 and the owner sells it for 10k. She found it on Flippa. One way to buy this, according to her, is the reach an agreement with the current owner where you pay off the 10k with all the profit or some of the profit. Obviously, there will be owners that say no to this but I think if you search long enough you'll find some really interesting businesses.

Now, this is just an example, but for anyone who understands web design, sales, marketing, and online businesses, I think this can be a great opportunity to get some additional cashflow.

Anyway, just wanted to share the resource! Thought some of you might find it useful and interesting.

Have a nice day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
There have been so many threads like this already that I'm starting to think somebody from that blog is using this forum for back-links and web traffic.

@ mods...
Nope, I am not a member of that blog.

Just thought the people here might like it and find it useful.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
Kind of Dan Pena-ish. Seems like you'd be buying it as a cashflowing asset rather then a fast lane type business

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Kind of Dan Pena-ish. Seems like you'd be buying it as a cashflowing asset rather then a fast lane type business
I don't exactly know how Dan Pena does business but you could make it fastlane as well.

For example you could buy an Ecommerce business that you think has potential and then scale and improve it, especially if you have good systems combined with marketing and web design skills.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Agreed with @thechosen1 it's fishy...

Buying a business instead of building one is the latest shortcut fad to hit this forum.

There's a million nuances in Due Diligence that take YEARS to learn, from running your own business.

In most cases you're punching above your weight buying a biz.

IF you decide to do this, start small and be extremely careful.

One way to buy this, according to her, is the reach an agreement with the current owner where you pay off the 10k with all the profit or some of the profit. Obviously, there will be owners that say no to this but I think if you search long enough you'll find some really interesting businesses.

This is bad advice.

I work in buy and sell-side M&A. If you do this you're put on my blacklist.

I can't tell you how many people try this. For every dork with no money trying to seller fi a deal, there's 20 other dorks with no money trying to do it also. These aren't serious buyers, and if you somehow manage to convince someone to fully seller-finance a deal, chances are the business really is that bad and the seller is desperate.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Buying a business instead of building one is the latest shortcut fad to hit this forum.

There's a million nuances in Due Diligence that take YEARS to learn, from running your own business.

This is bad advice.

I can't tell you how many people try this. For every dork with no money trying to seller fi a deal, there's 20 other dorks with no money trying to do it also. These aren't serious buyers, and if you somehow manage to convince someone to fully seller-finance a deal, chances are the business really is that bad and the seller is desperate.

You have some deals handy? I'm in the market!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

This is bad advice.

I think the strategy is great. I just think it’s suspicious that this specific name has been posted on the forum like clockwork over and over.

And no MJ doesn’t pay me ;~)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.