The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro: designer from California, interested in creating software + online businesses

soulprenuer

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 23, 2021
Hey all! I'm 24, born and raised in California. I came here after reading Unscripted and it fell into my lap at the perfect time. A little bit about me:

I'm interested in creating online solutions through digital assets, software, etc. I love physical products, but the idea of manufacturing and the amount of crap we consume isn't something I want to generate more of, so I'm focusing on the digital side of business for now.

I'm currently working on growing my Etsy template business. It's a means to an end - the revenue from this is going to fund other scalable business ideas this year. It's generating about $300-500/mo as of now with 2 templates, but I plan to add more products and figure out how to get it off the Etsy sales channel.

I'm learning about small software businesses that I can add value to and create. If anyone has any recs that I should check out, please let me know! I also want to join a mastermind group, if yall know of any, especially for women, please lmk as well!

I'm a UX designer for my 9-5 which I enjoy, but I definitely don't want to be doing this for the rest of my life.

2 year goal plan (by 26):
-Own a property in California to house hack
-Consistently generating more than 15k in profit from my online businesses
-find a mentor :)

Looking forward to reading through all these awesome posts on the forum! Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Cheers for the introduction

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Welcome to the forum! If you don't mind my asking (since I know of Etsy but have never really used it before), an Etsy template is the same as templates for Shopify and WordPress, right? For some reason, my brain jumped to like.. product templates since I know there's a lot of PoD-related stuff on Etsy so now I've hurt myself in confusion hahaha.

Still, UX will always be important, especially as ecommerce and IoT continue to grow. Will be fun to watch your progress. :)

soulprenuer

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 23, 2021
Welcome to the forum! If you don't mind my asking (since I know of Etsy but have never really used it before), an Etsy template is the same as templates for Shopify and WordPress, right? For some reason, my brain jumped to like.. product templates since I know there's a lot of PoD-related stuff on Etsy so now I've hurt myself in confusion hahaha.
Thank you!! I sell printable templates for a small niche on Etsy. I'm not as familiar with the business of templates on Shopify and WP, I imagine those templates are more so for website design and whatnot, but that's actually something I want to learn more about haha.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Ahh I'm glad I asked because that's what I thought you meant hahaha. Either way that's really cool! Are you having fun with the process?

soulprenuer

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 23, 2021
Ahh I'm glad I asked because that's what I thought you meant hahaha. Either way that's really cool! Are you having fun with the process?
Yea it is fun! its pretty hands-off once you launch so I'm trying to create more products for my shop right now

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...