The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying Old Google My Business Listings

Marketing, social media, advertising

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
What do people think of buying up old Google My Business listings? I find GMB quite a powerful
marketing tool for my own Audio Visual hire business. A competitor that has closed down
has a GMB listing with a decent number of reviews. I wonder if it's worth buying it off him
& resurrecting it. He has a matching domain name too which I get also. He referred a job from
his other brand the other day which was quite profitable & I'm sending him a 10% gateway referral fee for it.
If I did buy, should I pay him just a flat fee or should I do a referral fee for say 12-18 months on new jobs?

old_gmb_listings.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I would say go for it.

As of how to pay him, you have to know your clients LTV (life time value).
How much is average client paying you in his entire time with with you.

Based on that you could decide what is amount you can spend
to acquire this client (and pay old owner of GMB).

newzzy2

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2019
Lee Wright, I would also think of getting it. It's pretty valuable and profitable tool for improving your position and online presence across Google itself, and especially including search algorithms detecting. Although we don't know a lot of details about it, but INSIDERS say it's pretty useful tool for that. You may want to read this Whitespark's guide to optimizing Google My Business written by the experts of that field of business. It's a huge article, which describes a lot of issues that may occur.

Last edited:

Lee Wright

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Feb 28, 2018
Orange, NSW, Australia
Lee Wright, I would also think of getting it. It's pretty valuable and profitable tool for improving your position and online presence across Google itself, and especially including search algorithms detecting. Although we don't know a lot of details about it, but INSIDERS say it's pretty useful tool for that.
Thanks. I did end up approaching the owner but surprisingly he didn't want to sell it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
It's probably for the best. There's a a lot of ways that you could trigger a suspension doing stuff like this, and if you don't know what you're doing, you'd end up losing your investment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.