The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business idea

Idea threads

Jan_K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 31, 2019
the Netherlands
Hey guys,

I've been thinking of a business idea and after doing some research this does seem to be quite unique, what I have in mind doesn't exist and the few websites or banks that do offer it seem extremely limited.

The idea is to create a platform that brings (small) investors together with (small) business startups. In which you have a list of startups and a list of investors who are looking to invest in a certain branche.

Of course there is many more details but that's the basic idea. I do look forward to hearing some opinions/feedback on it, what do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jan_K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 31, 2019
the Netherlands
How is it different from equity crowdfunding platforms or debt crowdfunding platforms?

Basicly, it is equite crowdfunding except then mostly for startups, the thing is the only platforms that offer this are completely outdated / dead in the Netherlands (which is the country I'll be focussing on when we start).

Jan_K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 31, 2019
the Netherlands
Are they dead because the entrepreneur(s) didn't execute or because your market didn't want it?

What I think is because the entrepreneurs didn't execute it well, there's so many people wanting to start a company but just don't have the connections for their financial needs and when the bank doesn't lend you a cent you're kind of on your own.

I have found English websites doing somthing similar however when a company needs $500,000 or more I don't consider that a startup and it probatly scares most people off.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
what research did you do? how extensive?

what would the MVP for this look like? how do you get that built and get it in front of people.

you sound like one of those people that 'wants to build the next facebook for dogs and can just SEE it in their head. they just need a coder to do it all for them in return for 1% of the tens of dollars they will make!!'

prove me wrong. what do you have put together?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
So Dutch angelist?

https://angel.co › netherlands › inve...
Netherlands Angel Investors

Well there are investors,in NL and startups in NL. So how many of them have you spoken to?

Jan_K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 31, 2019
the Netherlands
what research did you do? how extensive?

what would the MVP for this look like? how do you get that built and get it in front of people.

you sound like one of those people that 'wants to build the next facebook for dogs and can just SEE it in their head. they just need a coder to do it all for them in return for 1% of the tens of dollars they will make!!'

prove me wrong. what do you have put together?

Like I said so far it's jut the basic idea, are you saying I think too big for someone that wants to start his first business?

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
What I think is because the entrepreneurs didn't execute it well, there's so many people wanting to start a company but just don't have the connections for their financial needs and when the bank doesn't lend you a cent you're kind of on your own.

I have found English websites doing somthing similar however when a company needs $500,000 or more I don't consider that a startup and it probatly scares most people off.
Yes but again not user friendly and/or have extremely bad reviews online.

So, you can start an equity-based or debt-based crowdfunding platform with a better user experience and better marketing.

As @ZCP mentioned, launch the MVP and validate.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Learn about lead page without product.

Describe ,on it, your advantages and drive traffic to it.

See how much people are interested before you spend cash, time or effort.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Like I said so far it's jut the basic idea, are you saying I think too big for someone that wants to start his first business?
hang some meat on it and see if it echos. get it to fail as fast as possible. take action. now.

Jan_K

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Aug 31, 2019
the Netherlands
Right, created this thread for honest advise, and honest advise I've received.

Cheers for that everyone! I'm going to continue my research and test out some stuff keeping your tips and replies in mind.

If possible, the thread can be closed. Once again thank you for the feedback!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.