YoungPadawan
Miles to go before I sleep
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Nov 7, 2015
- Messages
- 497
Rep Bank
$2,025
$2,025
User Power: 282%
Hello friends,
As some of you may know, I am a corn and soybean farmer and this year I'm venturing into something that I believe has significant potential for our family farm and will truly take it to another level.
98% of the soybeans grown in the United States are grown for feed, and that is what my family farm has grown for the past 3 generations... until now.
This year, we are going to try something that I believe has great potential - which is growing soybeans for human consumption.
Food soybeans have an incredible amount of different uses - from soy lecithin, textured vegetable protein, soy flour, tofu, soymilk, soy nuts, tempeh, etc. My plan is to hopefully sell industrial quantities to food companies.
Today we picked up the soybean seed and by next week, we should hopefully be planting it.


The food soybeans that you eat aren't the same kind as the soybeans for feed. Food grade soybeans typically have a clear hylum (which is typically a black spot on a soybean). Here's what the food soybeans look like. (no spot)

Dragging the planter out and getting it ready

Let the fun begin!
Edit: @Vigilante @MJ DeMarco I'm not sure if I put this in the INSIDERS, but if it isn't, could I get it moved to the inside please?
As some of you may know, I am a corn and soybean farmer and this year I'm venturing into something that I believe has significant potential for our family farm and will truly take it to another level.
98% of the soybeans grown in the United States are grown for feed, and that is what my family farm has grown for the past 3 generations... until now.
This year, we are going to try something that I believe has great potential - which is growing soybeans for human consumption.
Food soybeans have an incredible amount of different uses - from soy lecithin, textured vegetable protein, soy flour, tofu, soymilk, soy nuts, tempeh, etc. My plan is to hopefully sell industrial quantities to food companies.
Today we picked up the soybean seed and by next week, we should hopefully be planting it.


The food soybeans that you eat aren't the same kind as the soybeans for feed. Food grade soybeans typically have a clear hylum (which is typically a black spot on a soybean). Here's what the food soybeans look like. (no spot)

Dragging the planter out and getting it ready

Let the fun begin!
Edit: @Vigilante @MJ DeMarco I'm not sure if I put this in the INSIDERS, but if it isn't, could I get it moved to the inside please?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

