The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building Architecture B2B & B2C Service

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
August
A day late, but still great
Well, maybe not great yet but still good in month eight. Really going deep in the number crunching, checking bank accounts, and calculating what it takes to be great.

What it takes is a larger time commitment.

So I'm going to commit more time to this thing we have going on here. I took today off from the day job for Labor Day and just worked on my business. From around 9 am until 8 pm just working. I feel like I could continue for hours. Honestly, I feel like I got more done today than the last 2 weeks.

Tomorrow I'm going to put in my 2 weeks notice.

I was planning to go full-time when the winter air started hurting my face when I went outside, but there was a family wedding this weekend and people's mortality was on display. Don't want to get old wondering what if, as cliche as it is.

Financially, it would take a real crisis to mess me up and I looked at everything to really consider this decision.
  • Have a few months worth of savings already
  • Bringing in enough from this business (before taxes) to cover basic living expenses only working on it a few hours a week
  • With the business, less than 20% of revenue is through SEO. 80% is through referrals or repeat buyers. A fraction of a percentage through social
traffic versus revenue.PNG
  • This is not my only income source, I have a few trickles here and there from former money chasing endeavors (ebooks, print on demand, older websites)
  • Healthcare? I can go to the VA forever. Contrary to the rest of the country, mine is actually good
  • Living expenses around $1400/mo all things considered (rent, utilities, phone, food) and willing to "eat shit" while on my winter time grind

As far as goals go, I've got them broken down into daily & weekly tasks I need to complete. Over the coming weeks, that will be improved and I'll drop a day in the life. Trust me, still going to be working "in" my business for months before I work "on" it.

Looking forward to reading this post in 3/6/12 months to see what happens.

@MJ DeMarco I was serious about this post https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...r-insights-conference-calls.88265/post-775603

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Not really going to do monthly updates, as there aren't many new things to report on. Just growing as much as possible by
  • expanding products
  • building out email campaigns
  • creating content (written & video)
  • social media automation
One thing I did today was a search for my business' name and excluding my URL from the search
"company_name" -site:your_url.com

I found a post on my largest competitor's forum of someone recommending our service, and I quote, "a new player in the game and they are pretty small, but worth taking a look at."

I also found a page on a job distribution service listing and linking to my website in a top 10 style page. To be honest, as much as I don't like the name it does fit in on the list with similar services.

Onward.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.