- Joined
- Apr 22, 2021
- Messages
- 12
Rep Bank
$145
$145
User Power: 50%
I'm Rob currently based in the UK - if you want a full backstory please go here - Introduction
Current Status - I currently work late shifts as a shift manager in a supermarket and also have a small scale private tuition business. Between these two I am able to support myself on a month to month basis but now much more.
Goal - I want to build a business that can have a significant financial impact on my life and enable me to support my 1 son that I have now at a greater level and also enable me to support more children in the future as this is a personal goal of mine. When I say support I don't just mean financially but I also mean in terms of time. I want to be able to build a business that can become divorced from my time to a greater extent in the future so that I can spend that time with my family.
Journey - I thought it would be a good idea to document my journey here so that it can provide potential value to you guys in terms of the process I am going through and also I will be able to learn from the community myself.
New Business - In August 2020 I began working on my new business which is a digital course business to help people gain A Level (university entrance level) qualifications in the UK. This is where I hope to be able to build a business that makes a lasting financial change in my life.
The links to my business are here - Course Site - Blog Site
New Business Current Status - I began this business in August 2020 and was looking to test the market place this year in the 6 months leading up-to UK examination time which is traditionally in June. However, the UK government had other ideas and decided to cancel all formal examinations for a second successive year because of Covid and the amount of missed schooling. This set me back and I decided to park the business for a while. Now I am looking to gear up again and start to build this thing in anticipation of the next academic year which begins this September and a full scale exam program next year.
Strategy - The product needs to be improved across certain areas. This will be completed before September. At the same time I need to be able to drive traffic to my website. Being new to the digital game I had begun to implement a strategy of SEO content marketing through blog posts and was also thinking of launching a YouTube Channel to complement this. What are your thoughts on the best way to go about getting some exposure for this business?
Going Forward - Please feel free to ask me any questions about anything related to my business and give me your thoughts on anything. I am here both to learn myself and hopefully be of value to you guys as well so that you can see my journey.
Thanks Guys
Rob
Current Status - I currently work late shifts as a shift manager in a supermarket and also have a small scale private tuition business. Between these two I am able to support myself on a month to month basis but now much more.
Goal - I want to build a business that can have a significant financial impact on my life and enable me to support my 1 son that I have now at a greater level and also enable me to support more children in the future as this is a personal goal of mine. When I say support I don't just mean financially but I also mean in terms of time. I want to be able to build a business that can become divorced from my time to a greater extent in the future so that I can spend that time with my family.
Journey - I thought it would be a good idea to document my journey here so that it can provide potential value to you guys in terms of the process I am going through and also I will be able to learn from the community myself.
New Business - In August 2020 I began working on my new business which is a digital course business to help people gain A Level (university entrance level) qualifications in the UK. This is where I hope to be able to build a business that makes a lasting financial change in my life.
The links to my business are here - Course Site - Blog Site
New Business Current Status - I began this business in August 2020 and was looking to test the market place this year in the 6 months leading up-to UK examination time which is traditionally in June. However, the UK government had other ideas and decided to cancel all formal examinations for a second successive year because of Covid and the amount of missed schooling. This set me back and I decided to park the business for a while. Now I am looking to gear up again and start to build this thing in anticipation of the next academic year which begins this September and a full scale exam program next year.
Strategy - The product needs to be improved across certain areas. This will be completed before September. At the same time I need to be able to drive traffic to my website. Being new to the digital game I had begun to implement a strategy of SEO content marketing through blog posts and was also thinking of launching a YouTube Channel to complement this. What are your thoughts on the best way to go about getting some exposure for this business?
Going Forward - Please feel free to ask me any questions about anything related to my business and give me your thoughts on anything. I am here both to learn myself and hopefully be of value to you guys as well so that you can see my journey.
Thanks Guys
Rob
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
