The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a 7-figure Web Design Agency / Educational Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Feels like a long time since I started a progress thread, so this is well overdue.

This will be about documenting the next few years, although I think hitting 7-figures will be possible within the first year.

So what is going on...

Web design side

Well, since starting the Fox Web School I have cut back on building websites. With the school running at full speed it was not really possible.

But this year I am teaming up again with a really cool designer that I have been mentoring personally.

The short version is that he builds the websites and I sell them.

A recent project that just went live is... Time To Build by Tom Noske - Turn Your Passion Into Your Personal Brand

This site did over $300k in sales within its first week live (they just did a launch) so it is cool to know we can get some big results.

We also have results with people like Paddy Galloway (top Youtube strategist) and Lewis Howes.

So the niche here will be online coaches, educators, personal brands etc.

I am pretty sure we can become a top agency in this space and leverage the work we have done super well.

The Education side

Separate to all of this I have been growing a decent personal brand on Instagram.

The page has been doing well and is now up to 208k subs...

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.40.02.png

Sometimes you hit a nice little run with views too...

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.40.38.png

Last year I uploaded as regularly as I could, but I had a lot going on and we also had our first child.

So this year... it is time to step things up and build more of a professional brand with real products/services to offer people.

I offered a little bit of coaching last year, but I missed the format and massively undercharged.

What I hope to do next is make 99% hands off products that people can use to grow their own online business.

Things like templates, sales systems, contracts, etc.

Overall Goal

With both firing well together there could be a nice feedback loop...

- A solid agency offering top-notch personal branding services

- A personal brand where I show what works and sell great products to help others do the same.

These two help to feed off each other, which makes it fun to build.

The 3-5 year goal here is a business that can make a few clean million profit a year that I can roll into other areas.

And help a lot of people along the way with something that feels good to provide + gets them great results.

As we all know - both web agencies and online education have a lot of snakes... but this makes being a legit brand even more powerful.

----

Next up...

We are working on the agency website (and name ha!) and should have it up and running in a few weeks.

I'm also building my first product for the Instagram audience and have a great idea that I haven't seen before.

It's to provide 100-200 email templates for running an online creative business + the training to know how to best use them.

I'll share more about the launch of this product when it happens. Hopefully it goes well.

Also, here is the audience growth so far this year (I started a little late in Jan)

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.56.59.png

(The email lists I clean up a lot so could be way higher, but Id rather remove low quality leads)

---

Ah one last thing - last year was 500k with everything all in (coaching, courses, partnerships).

So with a clean up and a step up it should be possible to do 7-figures by years end.

@Envision helped me a lot with mindset last year too (his coaching program)... so I feel now I have to ha!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Feels like a long time since I started a progress thread, so this is well overdue.

This will be about documenting the next few years, although I think hitting 7-figures will be possible within the first year.

So what is going on...

Web design side

Well, since starting the Fox Web School I have cut back on building websites. With the school running at full speed it was not really possible.

But this year I am teaming up again with a really cool designer that I have been mentoring personally.

A recent project that just went live is... Time To Build by Tom Noske - Turn Your Passion Into Your Personal Brand

This site did over $300k in sales within its first week live (they just did a launch) so it is cool to know we can get some big results.

We also have results with people like Paddy Galloway (top Youtube strategist) and Lewis Howes.

I am pretty sure we can become a top agency in this space and leverage the work we have done super well.

The Education side

Separate to all of this I have been growing a decent personal brand on Instagram.

View attachment 54190

View attachment 54191

Last year I uploaded as regularly as I could, but I had a lot going on and we also had our first child.

So this year... it is time to step things up and build more of a professional brand with real products/services to offer people.

I offered a little bit of coaching last year, but I missed the format and massively undercharged.

What I hope to do next is make 99% hands off products that people can use to grow their own online business.

Overall Goal

- A personal brand where I show what works and sell great products to help others do the same.

The 3-5 year goal here is a business that can make a few clean million profit a year that I can roll into other areas.

And help a lot of people along the way with something that feels good to provide + gets them great results.

As we all know - both web agencies and online education have a lot of snakes... but this makes being a legit brand even more powerful.

----

Next up...

We are working on the agency website (and name ha!) and should have it up and running in a few weeks.

I'm also building my first product for the Instagram audience and have a great idea that I haven't seen before.

It's to provide 100-200 email templates for running an online creative business + the training to know how to best use them.

I'll share more about the launch of this product when it happens. Hopefully it goes well.

Also, here is the audience growth so far this year (I started a little late in Jan)

View attachment 54192

(The email lists I clean up a lot so could be way higher, but Id rather remove low quality leads)

---

Ah one last thing - last year was 500k with everything all in (coaching, courses, partnerships).

So with a clean up and a step up it should be possible to do 7-figures by years end.

@Envision helped me a lot with mindset last year too (his coaching program)... so I feel now I have to ha!
Well done Rob. Love how you've tied those two businesses together.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Been working 12-14 hours a day for the last two weeks on this new email course.

The idea is to have all the training and templates that a freelancer/agency type person would need to run their business.

So stuff like sales, follow up, closing a deal, onboarding, project management, project issues, referrals etc.
This stuff takes your average freelancer a lot of time to write - and most aren't so good at it.

With what I am making you go into X section, find Y scenario, and just grab an email template to use.
No one really has a product like this - and Ai gives a pretty low quality solution.

So been writing 5-10 emails every day and trying to launch by Feb 26th. Then will launch with a lower price, then jump up the price and keep building it out for another 2 months. End goal is like 250-300 templates.

I am pretty nervous (in a good way) since this will be the first main product to try promote on my IG page. But I thought over the idea for months and this was the best option - it lines up with 99% of freelancers needs and also is something to get them to take the first step to getting paid help from me.

Ill update later how the launch goes. Just a quick update to show what it is like in the trenches hahah. Been writing since 5am this morning and got 9 new templates done so far.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Will put back the launch on this by a week - now aiming for March 4th.

Kinda annoyed to do this but I know it means a better product - and I am pretty stressed with making sure this is all tight when people join from Instagram.

Anyone with product launch experience - do you stick with deadlines 100%, or do you go with quality first?

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
Following this thread.

Good luck man, youve given a lot of value already.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Kinda annoyed to do this but I know it means a better product - and I am pretty stressed with making sure this is all tight when people join from Instagram.

Anyone with product launch experience - do you stick with deadlines 100%, or do you go with quality first?
I’ve not done a launch to a big audience, but I have had 100s of orders get delayed.

I found that aslong as you communicate what’s going on, people don’t mind.

If you’ve told your audience that’ll be don’t by XYZ date, but you need to delay it a few weeks, just tell them and explain why along with the new deadline.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

You do good man, your product will do well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
do you stick with deadlines 100%, or do you go with quality first?
I've not done a product launch. I'd expect saying it's delayed a bit while you improve quality will just make people more hungry for it.

mattes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2024

So what is going on...

Web design side

The Education side

View attachment 54190

View attachment 54191

Overall Goal

----

Next up...

View attachment 54192

---

SOLID growth! Congrats

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Just got offered a potential sponsorship with an Ai company.

Usually I say no to all of this stuff (have never done a single sponsorship ever) but they actually have a legit piece of software I would actually use.

I suggested a (high) number which the person acting as the middle man has turned down. But they did mention that the max they would pay is $15 per 1,000 IG reel views.

So I did up my average view per reel over the last 30 reels and it is 186,657.

So at $15 x 1,000 views thats... $2,800.

Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 06.22.40.png

So 48 videos a year... x$2,800 = $134,000.

And I don't see it damaging my brand or getting in the way of my own business goals.

What do you guys think?

(I kinda feel like pushing for $20 per 1000 instead which makes it $200k ha)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Just got offered a potential sponsorship with an Ai company.

Usually I say no to all of this stuff (have never done a single sponsorship ever) but they actually have a legit piece of software I would actually use.

I suggested a (high) number which the person acting as the middle man has turned down. But they did mention that the max they would pay is $15 per 1,000 IG reel views.

So I did up my average view per reel over the last 30 reels and it is 186,657.

So at $15 x 1,000 views thats... $2,800.

View attachment 54514

So 48 videos a year... x$2,800 = $134,000.

And I don't see it damaging my brand or getting in the way of my own business goals.

What do you guys think?

(I kinda feel like pushing for $20 per 1000 instead which makes it $200k ha)

I would push for more personally.

People will start to notice its promotion after a few, and some people hate that shit.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would push for more personally.

People will start to notice its promotion after a few, and some people hate that shit.

Ya true, originally I went for 5k a reel.

I might just reach out to them directly and see if I can get one of their team on a call.

Thanks.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Last week's launch went well - including other parts of my business it was about a $65k week.

I had it open for about 5 days and went pretty hard on the emails during that time. But didn't post much IG content and didn't do any actual reels about it (just stories). I want to keep full promotion mode for when the email course is over.

But I feel kind of so-so about it in a way. While the sales are nice, my real goal here is a long term business that delivers real value - not just focusing on short term promotions and "open close" stuff.

So the next goal is to map out the rest of the year in great detail. Who am I going to help, what specific results can I help them achieve, who do I need to be to do this as well as possible (habits, content, consistency, etc.).

Probably the hardest part of being in the content business is that, in theory, you can do "anything". And listening to your audience can mean 1,000 different voices with 1,000 different directions.

So right now I am thinking a lot about what I want to work on for the next 10 years and what I will be most happy to have done when I am 80-90 years old and looking back. It feels like the full clarity is still not there, which slows down progress in other areas.

Ill do a better update at the end of the month, but this is it for now.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last week's launch went well - including other parts of my business it was about a $65k week.

I had it open for about 5 days and went pretty hard on the emails during that time. But didn't post much IG content and didn't do any actual reels about it (just stories). I want to keep full promotion mode for when the email course is over.

But I feel kind of so-so about it in a way. While the sales are nice, my real goal here is a long term business that delivers real value - not just focusing on short term promotions and "open close" stuff.

So the next goal is to map out the rest of the year in great detail. Who am I going to help, what specific results can I help them achieve, who do I need to be to do this as well as possible (habits, content, consistency, etc.).

Probably the hardest part of being in the content business is that, in theory, you can do "anything". And listening to your audience can mean 1,000 different voices with 1,000 different directions.

So right now I am thinking a lot about what I want to work on for the next 10 years and what I will be most happy to have done when I am 80-90 years old and looking back. It feels like the full clarity is still not there, which slows down progress in other areas.

You might like this Rob:

And the two podcasts here:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

I believe you can do it man. Your a man of action.

I've learned a ton from you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
March Update: March was a decent month and I did just over $70k in sales.

This is mostly from a new email course I launched on IG but it also includes the Legends and some other deals.

I also took some time off to travel with my family to Turkey (to visit her family) and to Malta for another family trip.

This month though I have taken time to get more organised for my long term strategy.
I expect it to be a very low month for income - but that is fine.

This also includes getting my first ever dedicated office...

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 15.00.03.pngScreenshot 2024-04-16 at 14.59.37.png

And I already fixed up the smaller room for sales calls and making content...

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 14.59.50.png
Did all this work myself ;)

Right now I see a lot of work to do on the education / coaching side of things.

I feel my Instagram content is way off what I want to be teaching and also that what I am offering people could be a lot better too. People are happy, but I know I can do a lot better.

I like the email course idea (and it is well made), but really I want move more towards teaching sales.

If I look at anyone I have helped so far this is where I have the most impact. And a few people I have worked closely with over the last 1-2 years are now running $50k-$120k a month agencies. (This also makes it highly tempting to switch over, but I love coaching more and I can tell teaching/community is something I would prefer to be doing).

Ideally I can figure out a way to combine running some kinda of sales agency of my own with making practical sales content to those who are struggling in this area. There is a massive need for good sales advice for freelancers/agency owners/online professionals.

So short version - still dialling things in and pushing myself mentally to step it all up.
There is easily a 7 figure a year (profit) business here if I can get it all lined up.

Also, I don't know where this leaves the Legends program. I still love running it but at some stage it will be best to stop letting new people join and to only give support to the current students.

I will try do more of an update next month - with moving in things have been a little chaotic.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
If I look at anyone I have helped so far this is where I have the most impact. And a few people I have worked closely with over the last 1-2 years are now running $50k-$120k a month agencies. (This also makes it highly tempting to switch over, but I love coaching more and I can tell teaching/community is something I would prefer to be doing).

I don't really have anything to add related to the business side as you are much smarter than me with all of that stuff, but I think it's the right call to make if you enjoy the Coaching side. If you enjoy it, and are making decent money, I don't see a reason to be doing the other thing.

It's not just about money after all, If you hate it, why bother.

I see you pop up on my instagram sometimes, and they are very well done, I watch a fair bit of the videos even though the topic matter isn't something I am interested in, so as someone not in your market, I think that's a good sign, and based on your following it's pretty accurate haha.

Great job mate, and a nice little office!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.