The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Budgeting & Net Worth Apps/Software you use?

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Curious to hear what other people are using for budgeting or net worth apps/software.

I know TFF preaches earning more but I think budgeting is equally as important. I've seen firsthand how lifestyle inflation can slow down your progress.

I also think that everyone should track their net worth at least once a quarter.

With that being said, Haven't found an app or software that I particularly like so I've been using Google Sheets for the time being.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Curious to hear what other people are using for budgeting or net worth apps/software.

I know TFF preaches earning more but I think budgeting is equally as important. I've seen firsthand how lifestyle inflation can slow down your progress.

I also think that everyone should track their net worth at least once a quarter.

With that being said, Haven't found an app or software that I particularly like so I've been using Google Sheets for the time being.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
We are using one of the WWI software (Wife Wants It) - in our case its the Dave Ramsey Every Dollar Counts software. I am not against the concept of budgeting and getting out of debt, as digging my self out of debt and consumerism is essential to keep the most of what I earn as my income increases.

G

Guest24480

I like being able to customize things in Excel and try to avoid software that limits how I can manipulate my own financial data. I personally use this budget spreadsheet by Vertex42.

I create two copies of it in the same Excel workbook. The first one I use for a budget/projection of my annual financials and fill it out at the start of the year. The second is for recording my income/expenses on a monthly basis. I update the second one at the end of every month by going through my bank and credit card statements. Since the categories are the same between the two copies, I can see how accurate my budgeting forecasts were at the start of the year by comparing them.

As for net worth, I just update it every month in a basic Excel sheet I made for myself. No need to use software for a simple Assets - Liabilities calculation imo. I've used Personal Capital in the past but found their integrations with 3rd parties were lacking, and ended up having to maintain my own spreadsheet anyway. The only way I'd ever go back to net worth tracking software is if it updated in real time with your account balances without having to manually fix the integrations every 5 days.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Thumbs up for PocketGuard. I like it so far
Yeah it's my favorite. There was another one called Penny which was awesome, but then CreditKarma bought them out and shut it down :|

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I use an Excel sheet to track my net worth once per quarter. I categorize everything into savings, checking, investment accounts, etc.

It's helpful to see my progress over time, but nobody else I know does it (that I know of - none of my family members do it).

I also have another sheet where I keep track of my income.

I don't budget, but I look at the year-end summary from credit card companies to make sure I am not spending out of control in any area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.