The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bounce House rentals

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
My wife wants to buy a bounce house and rent it out. Basic rental is 100.00 a day. 20 minutes setup time and 20 tear down. Doesn't take up much room for storage. Initial capital is about a grand to buy a decent one. We are both teachers so we could market to schools in our district to get started.

The idea is to buy 1 and let it pay itself off through rentals then use the cashflow to buy more. We could hire College students to do setup and delivery.

Anyone ever had a party rental business? Any downside to this idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Re: Bonce House rentals

lol- okay I get it- you mean those inflatable rooms that are sometimes at kid parties? ...When I first read your post, I was thinking a Bounce house was something like a halfway house or some sort of super cutting edge green technology structure!

I think the answer to your question is first focus on why you are wanting to do this? ...There are lots of ways to make money out there- where are you hoping a bounce house will get (or give) you financially?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Re: Bonce House rentals

do you have any idea about insurance requirements?

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Haven't checked into insurance yet but good point.

Financially it would not amount to much cash with only one but it would be a start. If it was rented out every weekend just on Saturday's it would pay off in 3 months giving about 400 a month in cashflow after payoff. If we could rent them on Sat and Sun could be about 800 a month minus expenses for each bounce house. Granted it is seasonal but in Dallas area we have good enough weather to rent these at least 8-9 months out of the year.

My wife wants a business and she came up with this idea. Just throwing the idea out to see what we are not thinking about.

Autospun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
The idea is to buy 1 and let it pay itself off through rentals then use the cashflow to buy more. We could hire College students to do setup and delivery.

Anyone ever had a party rental business? Any downside to this idea?

Do some serious, dedicated research (or homework), spend a few days exploring the market, rent one yourself, 'feel' it, get familiar with it, then check out how others are doing in your area (don't copy, authenticity and improvement is needed in every business) , add &/or subtract whatever you have to and position yourself to "the fast lane".
:cool:
One more thing, dont let 'it' pay itself off (help 'it', jp) invest in it if you believe in success, be better in service and in competition. Always position yourself for success.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
what is your marketing plan for getting customers? This is one of the biggest factors between success and failure. Without a plan to get customers, all you have is a bouncy house for you and your wife to jump in.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2008
Most school districts and especially Arlington ISD are going to require insurance. AISD requires a min. 1,000,000 liability policy which will run you 2k plus per year in the inflatables business. They also will need proof that you have a commercial liability policy for your delivery vehicle. That said, if you buy one bounce house you should be able to keep it rented to individuals on a consistent basis in the Spring and Fall. Ebay has some good deals on basic bounce houses as well as craigslist.com. Feel free to give me a call if you want to talk shop sometime. 1-888-600-5769 www.bigfrogbounce.com

scann

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 12, 2009
I am a teacher who runs a bounce house business out of my home. We have had such success in the last 4 years, we are looking to sell because we can't keep up with the customers. Did you ever get your business up and going? You can check out our business at wecanjump.com and I'd be happy to discuss any issues with you.
Sandy Cann

samsig03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 8, 2016
Houston, TX
I am a teacher who runs a bounce house business out of my home. We have had such success in the last 4 years, we are looking to sell because we can't keep up with the customers. Did you ever get your business up and going? You can check out our business at wecanjump.com and I'd be happy to discuss any issues with you.
Sandy Cann
Hey Sandy,

Where y'all able to sell the business? My wife and I are starting to research this business. We have a back ground in party planning and think it is a business we can bring a lot too.

Thanks so much

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.