The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I buy My Bounce House From China or USA???

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
HI I just recently started my bounce house business.. For the first two bounces I purchased from a china company. INstead of spending 1200 on 1 big bounce house I decided to buy 2 medium sized ones with half cheap material and good material for the jumping area.. Well unfortunately the bounce houses are cheap and small and the kids cant really bounce on them so customers are asking for the money back!!!

So now im going to have to buy another bounce house.. instead of using the money to buy 2 im going to use the money to buy 1 Huge bounce house that I love and havent seen any where else on craigs list but friends and family are telling me that I should buy from U.S company or Craigslist so i dont have to worry about quality..

Also as for buying from the U.S. im not sure if its a good idea because they probably buy from china them selfs.. Hell the company that I work for thats what they do.

I plan on spending another 1,000 which is not easy for me to spend.. I live in a apartment making minimum wage so whatever decision I make is important one..

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HEAR ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO HAS A BOUNCE HOUSE BUSINESS IF POSSIBLE..

Thanks,
Ruben

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Hi Ruben,

If the bounce houses you are buying from China are really that bad, then it would be smart to just buy one quality bounce house. That way customers are happy and you won't have to keep giving refunds. Also, think about long term here. You have two low quality bounce houses that get used and abused quickly, therefore you have to replace them faster than a quality bounce house. Spend the money for a quality one.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
If yopu worked for a company like this in the past then maybe you should buy from the same place they got them from, since you would already know the quality of them.

Ruben5

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1%
Jul 27, 2011
Dallas
Hi Ruben,

If the bounce houses you are buying from China are really that bad, then it would be smart to just buy one quality bounce house. That way customers are happy and you won't have to keep giving refunds. Also, think about long term here. You have two low quality bounce houses that get used and abused quickly, therefore you have to replace them faster than a quality bounce house. Spend the money for a quality one.

Thanks but keep in mind the first 2 bounce houses I bought from china I only paid $350 each plus shipping.. And this bounce house Im buying is from a different company in china. And because im spending more on this 1 bounce house there using better quality material...

And im thinking since IM spending more (About $1,000 bucks) as a customer that hopefully the quality will be commercial grade..

If I buy the bounce house from china I will let ya know the results, so hopefully someone can learn from my experience..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nayR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Feb 16, 2012
California
I don't have any experience in the bounce house businrss but it would make sense to buy the higher quality bounce house. I would research bounce houses that you KNOW are high quality and see what they are made out of. Ask all the questions you can about the bounce house before purchasing. Remember, you have to spend money to make money.

About buying from US vs China. If you pick buying from USA make sure it is made in the USA. If it is not made in the USA, you should just purchase directly from China. That is totally up to you though. Maybe use "made in the USA" as an advertisement strategy if you choose to go that route.

These are just ideas I thought about. Again I don't have any experience in this business.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 14, 2017
Austin
HI I just recently started my bounce house business.. For the first two bounces I purchased from a china company. INstead of spending 1200 on 1 big bounce house I decided to buy 2 medium sized ones with half cheap material and good material for the jumping area.. Well unfortunately the bounce houses are cheap and small and the kids cant really bounce on them so customers are asking for the money back!!!

So now im going to have to buy another bounce house.. instead of using the money to buy 2 im going to use the money to buy 1 Huge bounce house that I love and havent seen any where else on craigs list but friends and family are telling me that I should buy from U.S company or Craigslist so i dont have to worry about quality..

Also as for buying from the U.S. im not sure if its a good idea because they probably buy from china them selfs.. Hell the company that I work for thats what they do.

I plan on spending another 1,000 which is not easy for me to spend.. I live in a apartment making minimum wage so whatever decision I make is important one..

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HEAR ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO HAS A BOUNCE HOUSE BUSINESS IF POSSIBLE..

Thanks,
Ruben

Hey Ruben,

I know this might be a little late as you posted this a while back, but in my experience I would definitely recommend shying away from Chinese manufacturers. We've seen that their quality and customer support just does not compare with that of American manufactured inflatables. American inflatables are bit more pricey to your point, but the money saved in the long run is well worth ot.

Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.