The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boss, Mentor, and one of my best friends..

Michael Pecoraro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Mar 4, 2019
I started at this new company 3 years ago, it has become the best job I've ever had. The person who hired me is the VP of sales, his father owns the company. I've been burned so many times in the past by other jobs that I was very unsure about this position. I was in an interview to be a global account manager (sales) for a small family owned company. The sales positions I've had in the past were commission based and the people who hired me lied about advancements and pay opportunity. 3 years ago I decided to take another chance with the VP, who is now a good friend and mentor. Everything he has said up to this point has come true, this has been an amazing experience. My mentor believes in tough love, and always saying whats on his mind. This is one of the traits I respect the most about him. My first year and a half at the company I dominated, closed some big accounts and did very well. I don't know what happened, I think i'm beginning to figure out why, but recently I'm having a lot of trouble closing deals. I lost 8 out of 12 deals recently and I feel mediocre, at best. My boss sat me down, and told me he is trying to figure out why i'm having issues closing and he hates that i'm not making the money I should be. He said I need to figure this out on my own because he can only do so much, and maybe sales isn't for me anymore. Maybe this place is too much for me and I may need to think about possible finding another company. He said he does not want to see me leave, he would hate it, but it's something I should think about. My question is, i had a rush of emotions and it hurt, bad, it felt like I failed him. I wanted to honestly cry, I am very angry about this. How do you keep your emotion out of all this to come back and kick a$$? I do not want to cry and show emotion in front of everyone. I know he cares, and I respect what he said, but leaving is not an option for me. How do people put emotion aside in tough situations like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...