What's new

Boss, Mentor, and one of my best friends..

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Michael Pecoraro

New Contributor
Joined
Mar 4, 2019
Messages
5
Rep Bank
$75
User Power: 40%
I started at this new company 3 years ago, it has become the best job I've ever had. The person who hired me is the VP of sales, his father owns the company. I've been burned so many times in the past by other jobs that I was very unsure about this position. I was in an interview to be a global account manager (sales) for a small family owned company. The sales positions I've had in the past were commission based and the people who hired me lied about advancements and pay opportunity. 3 years ago I decided to take another chance with the VP, who is now a good friend and mentor. Everything he has said up to this point has come true, this has been an amazing experience. My mentor believes in tough love, and always saying whats on his mind. This is one of the traits I respect the most about him. My first year and a half at the company I dominated, closed some big accounts and did very well. I don't know what happened, I think i'm beginning to figure out why, but recently I'm having a lot of trouble closing deals. I lost 8 out of 12 deals recently and I feel mediocre, at best. My boss sat me down, and told me he is trying to figure out why i'm having issues closing and he hates that i'm not making the money I should be. He said I need to figure this out on my own because he can only do so much, and maybe sales isn't for me anymore. Maybe this place is too much for me and I may need to think about possible finding another company. He said he does not want to see me leave, he would hate it, but it's something I should think about. My question is, i had a rush of emotions and it hurt, bad, it felt like I failed him. I wanted to honestly cry, I am very angry about this. How do you keep your emotion out of all this to come back and kick a$$? I do not want to cry and show emotion in front of everyone. I know he cares, and I respect what he said, but leaving is not an option for me. How do people put emotion aside in tough situations like this?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom