The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Born in Manchester, England but living in Spain

Simon D. Davies

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 7, 2018
Spain
I literally stumbled across Millionaire Fastlane while reading through the contents of a marketing avatar sent to me by a client. The title made me jump on Amazon to check it out.

Now I’ve read both of MJ’s books…

Lots of big aha moments and slapping myself silly for the stupid mistakes I’ve made over the years. One of the things that really stood out for me in Unscripted (page 301) was a snippet about analysing business failures under the microscope of the Fastlane Commandments - CENTS.

Although I am very ashamed to share this, I’m on my 12th business in 18-years and every one of my previous businesses have failed! The worst part is until reading Unscripted I’ve never actually sat down and wrote out why they failed. It was a sobering discovery.

To be honest, I can’t say that right now I have total belief in myself to succeed as an entrepreneur because of my past performance. But I am willing to step up the plate again and start swinging for a home run.

And with the knowledge gained from reading MJ’s two excellent books, I have a torch to light the way.

Thank you, MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome Simon. You show one clear trait that stands you in good stead to be successful. That is persistence. Also don't beat yourself up too hard on your past attempts, you would have won valuable knowledge in your failures and learned another key skill, not to overly fear failure.

That, and with the help of MJ's tutorage together with the wealth of knowledge and guidance within this community you stand a very good chance of making your next business venture a success.

All the best to you.

Simon D. Davies

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 7, 2018
Spain
Welcome Simon. You show one clear trait that stands you in good stead to be successful. That is persistence. Also don't beat yourself up too hard on your past attempts, you would have won valuable knowledge in your failures and learned another key skill, not to overly fear failure.

That, and with the help of MJ's tutorage together with the wealth of knowledge and guidance within this community you stand a very good chance of making your next business venture a success.

All the best to you.
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for sharing, Simon. Don't be ashamed, it's actually a badge of honor to keep getting up when the market is less than receptive to your efforts. As long as you keep learning from your mistakes, you'll eventually strike gold.

Simon D. Davies

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 7, 2018
Spain
Thanks for sharing, Simon. Don't be ashamed, it's actually a badge of honor to keep getting up when the market is less than receptive to your efforts. As long as you keep learning from your mistakes, you'll eventually strike gold.
Thanks, Lowtek. Pure gold! :)

TryHardTriad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 2, 2018
Welcome to the forum Simon. I started my first real business 3 months ago just to get something started, and after seeing the results and realising that it violated most of the CENTS, I'm pretty sure its going to fail!

I would really love to see a thread written by you with reasons for why your 12 previous businesses have failed so far. Would be a great read for a young entrepreneur like me.

I'm sure you've got a great story to tell!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Simon D. Davies

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 7, 2018
Spain
Welcome to the forum Simon. I started my first real business 3 months ago just to get something started, and after seeing the results and realising that it violated most of the CENTS, I'm pretty sure its going to fail!

I would really love to see a thread written by you with reasons for why your 12 previous businesses have failed so far. Would be a great read for a young entrepreneur like me.

I'm sure you've got a great story to tell!

Thanks for your interest in my story of failure :)

But I think you’d be better off reading stuff written by those who’ve successfully climbed the mountain.

Good luck with your venture. Although if you already believe it’s going to fail then why continue? If you don’t have a vision of it growing into a great business and it violates the CENTS commandments, then it might be wise to cut your losses. And start something fresh with the knowledge you’ve gained.

TryHardTriad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks for your interest in my story of failure :)

But I think you’d be better off reading stuff written by those who’ve successfully climbed the mountain.

Good luck with your venture. Although if you already believe it’s going to fail then why continue? If you don’t have a vision of it growing into a great business and it violates the CENTS commandments, then it might be wise to cut your losses. And start something fresh with the knowledge you’ve gained.

Ok then, I'll have to read your lessons in your biography one day :clench:

Based on previous sales, I hope to make £500-£1000 in Christmas sales, so this will help recuperate some of my investment. But yes I will be cutting my losses after, currently coming up with a business idea that will be much more CENTsworthy atm!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...