The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bored, looking for purpose.

BertaBrah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 17, 2020
Hey Everyone,

I am an IT worker in my late 20s that ended up with the golden handcuffs. I have a high paying job that offers me a ton of flexibility and autonomy, I have no debt, and live below my means. By all standards I have "made it" however to be frank I am bored out of my mind and I am bothered by the vitality of my youth fading away as well as watching all my loved ones get older. While I am happy, I lack a true life’s calling and feel that I am doing myself a disservice by not properly applying my talents to help other people and improve their quality of life.

My financial goals are not lofty by any means:
  • I want the ability to work that is location independent.
  • I enjoy working however I want the ability to choose how much I work and when.
  • I want my income to be somewhat separated from how many hours I work meaning a mix of passive and active income.
  • The ability to make about $60-$80k a year.
  • Not to be dependent on an employer to have income, and therefore not dependent on one person (a manager) who gets to decide if I get to live the good life or not.
I have had the opportunity to interact with many millionaires, but their lifestyle of excess luxury and consumption do not appeal to me because they seem to have the same problems I have except with nicer things. Instead what I really desire is freedom and the money to take advantage of that freedom. Also, I want to be able to protect my loved ones and make sure they live a quality life with me. Finally, I want to wake up knowing everyday I am making the world a better place by providing a service or product that helps fulfill a need for someone.

Currently I have a few plans in my mind but I lack the skills necessary to implement these plans therefore I am in the process of learning the following:
  • Learning web development (HTML/CSS/JS) which will give me the ability to create websites and web apps.
  • Learning how to become a machinist/manufacturer. I recently took a machinist course at my local college and have been buying manufacturing equipment, so I can make “things”. I have also been learning Solidworks to help with this process.
Canada is an underserved market and lacks a lot of customer goods found in America and Europe. What I plan to do is throw some probes out to find a niche market that is currently not satisfied with what goods they can get. With the Covid pandemic, it will be even harder to get certain goods which will give me a great opportunity to fulfill a lack in the market.

Anyhow, for the time being I plan just to hang around the forum and absorb as much knowledge as I can while sharpening my skills.
-BertaBrah

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I have a high paying job that offers me a ton of flexibility and autonomy, I have no debt, and live below my means

Best of luck dude... looks like you've a very solid framework in place already... which is ten steps ahead of me!

BertaBrah

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for the encourage Hadrian. I am pretty fortunate I have a solid base to launch myself from. Now I just need to do my part!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...