The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Progress Thread: Time to Get Reading

For any book discussion

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
So basically, I keep buying books on my Kindle because it is SO easy especially after so many positive recommendations I read of them. #teamconsumer

With that said, its time to start wrapping up some loose ends, finishing what I've started, and finish reading the books on my Kindle. I'll be using this thread to hold myself accountable, cross books off the list, and wipe out my current collection of unread books before I buy no more. That's right, no more buying any books for me until I finish what I have.

I'll make a post with each book I complete, along with a small unbiased review so others can get insight as to what I'm reading. Hopefully it should be good as most books are success/entrepreneurship/positive lifestyle changes, with a few novels in there. Without further ado, here is the book list that I intend to knock out methodically one by one:

Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes that take 5 minutes or less
Inside the box
The book of tea
Secrets to ebook publishing success
Saving Grace (I don't even know what this one is, probably a free one I downloaded)
Hannibal and Me
The Miracle Morning
Cashvertising
How to get rich
Choose yourself
The lean startup
Top student
Murder on the mind
Back on murder
Thick face black heart
Master key system
Book of five rings
Poems by Emily Dickinson, Series One
The UltraMind Solution
The Riddle Chest
Tree of Life
Poetry
12 years a slave
The passage
Write good or die
How the economy works
App Development secrets
Programming windows 8 apps with html, css, and javascript
Economic consequences of the peace
Owner will carry - how to squeeze profits out of every deal
Networking for people who hate networking
Why good people cant get jobs
Treasure island
Wealth of nations
Think and grow rich
Go for the goal
Five dysfunctions of a team
23 anti procrastination habits
Wolf of wall street
Art of war
Psychology of influence
Secrets of closing the sale
Brain rules
Autobiography of benjamin franklin
Five Star Billionaire
The Warrior Diet
The Millionaire Next door
The $10 Trillion Dollar Prize
The 7 Habits of Highly effective people
The Leader's Checklist

There are a number of books which I've finished in the past few weeks which I'm going to leave off because I am starting fresh with what I have. As I finish a book, I will cross it off, and leave a short summary and if I think its worth reading. I'll try to clump 3 books to a post so there is some substance and I'm not replying too much to my own thread. A lot of popular/recommended books here, so time to get cracking.

Just counted and that's officially 50 books. 50 books full of wisdom and knowledge which are just sitting on my Kindle and desk unread. Not for long. If anyone has any questions as to who authored each one that can't be found with a simple Google search, ask me and I'll let you know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
So the first three books off the list are Habit Stacking: 97 Small Life Changes that take 5 minutes or less, Top Student, and Poems by Emily Dickinson.

I am reading Miracle Morning at the moment and Habit Stacking seems similar, although its pretty basic. Nothing more than sticking to and maintaining a routine. If you've read Miracle Morning, you probably don't need to read this.

Top Student was an erotica short book that I purchased so I could glean some insight into the genre. Its the second one of that type that I've read. Interesting I guess, take from it what you will. It was a free Kindle purchase.

Poems by Emily Dickinson is something that I've read over time, usually a couple poems a morning, but this morning I finished it up. I think its really helpful in learning new ways of looking at things, learning new words, and might even be applicable to copywriting. Although boring, and took a while, I think she was masterful in the way she put together her words and I learned a lot, and had some "aha" moments after reading some poems.

3 down, 47 to go.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Go for Goal - pretty good yet simple book by Mia Hamm, one of the top all time if not the top women's soccer player. Although a lot of principles can be related to real life success, this was mainly focused on soccer, her story, techniques, etc.

23 anti procrastination habits - Same author as the book Habit Stacking which I just read, and didn't realize it. Pretty simple stuff that seemed to be rehashed common advice, boiled down to the basics, and action to take. On a positive note, it was a good refresher but boring.

The Warrior Diet - Interesting take on dieting, mainly comprised of undereating during the day and overeating for dinner. Read this a while ago and accidentally included it in the list. Certain elements I think I've implemented into my life, others not so much. It was a long, indepth book and I think I'd need to re-read it to refreshen its main points, but not doing that anytime soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.