The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blockchain Services Company

Is there huge growth potential in the blockchain services field?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcdefgh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 1, 2018
Does anyone have any experience working with blockchain services companies?

So, I'm in my last year of a CS degree, and have been looking at a lot of information regarding the potential uses for blockchains in banking, real estate escrow, etc. I want to get some opinions on this.

I've read some things saying that it's just snake oil. I've read some things saying it has the potential for huge growth. Personally, I think it has a ton of potential. Any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
In my opinion a decent chunk of it is a FAD. Not something I would want to get into unless it's more of selling the shovels to the gold diggers one would say. Although there are some services that are legit in the Blockchain Service Industry.. I still wouldn't hedge my bets there personally.

Ones I do respect though are like Shapeshift or Rocketr/Shoppy.gg or Coinpayments

Can't say I can name many companies like the ones you are looking into for info. A lot of Pump & Dumps

Back when I sold BTC for margin profits , I was highly considering starting an exchange like Binance or Kraken. Maybe consider looking that way?

Jasper S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2020
Chicagoland Area
I have considered some ideas in crypto products/services and have wondered this myself. I haven't done much research yet, however, it seems like there are a lot of people trying to sell products related to trading and mining more so than building valuable applications on the technology.

Personally, I think there is a lot of opportunity in this space.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.