The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin Solo Mining

Noor Shafaq

New Contributor
Jun 29, 2018
I know everyone says it's a waste, but electricity is cheap and it's only one miner so if you just want to say "you're wasting your time" then please suck on a pickle and take your sour attitude elsewhere <link removed>. The rest of my miners are working a pool and making good BTC.

So here goes. For the next YEAR I'll be solo mininng with an old S3 (actually have already been for a couple of weeks) running about 418 - 450ghs (seasonally adjusted). As of today the best share is 1,816,484,083. Only 49,000,000,000 off! LOL!

I'll post updates when anything interesting happens or if a block is found. Let's hope I pull that lotto ticket and get the luck of the irish!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
latest

Pendragon445

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 19, 2018
I know everyone says it's a waste, but electricity is cheap and it's only one miner so if you just want to say "you're wasting your time" then please suck on a pickle and take your sour attitude elsewhere <link removed>. The rest of my miners are working a pool and making good BTC.

So here goes. For the next YEAR I'll be solo mininng with an old S3 (actually have already been for a couple of weeks) running about 418 - 450ghs (seasonally adjusted). As of today the best share is 1,816,484,083. Only 49,000,000,000 off! LOL!

I'll post updates when anything interesting happens or if a block is found. Let's hope I pull that lotto ticket and get the luck of the irish!

That might still be better odds than playing the lottery. Long odds at either, but good luck!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I've never had the pleasure of making this suggestion before today...

#landfill

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
That might still be better odds than playing the lottery. Long odds at either, but good luck!

Why playing the lottery is better than solo mining bitcoin:
  1. The odds of the lottery are known up front and don't change when new chips and cabals enter the mix.
  2. The lottery's run by politicians who aren't about to fork it into competing pools to dilute their political agendas.
  3. You already know exactly what your taxes will be if you win.
  4. Once you buy your ticket, you don't need any electricity to win. You could have only candlelight at home, and still take the ticket to the store the next day to find out if you've won.
  5. The spending power of your winnings isn't taken away from you if someone invents a better cryptocurrency tomorrow.
  6. When you lose, at least your money went to buy a pencil for some kid in school.
  7. It's so fast and easy to buy a lottery ticket, that you have time left over to read MJ's books and contribute something that's actually worthwhile at his forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.