The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

E- book Bitcoin Mining

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
My son is about to set up some Bitcoin mining equipment. He invests time, thoughts and energy.
I told him to do an exact wright up, a step by step tutorial and public it as an ebook.
Do you think, that has any chance to get a success?

BTW, he doesn’t want to!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Spino

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2019
I like the idea of documenting everything.
There are Bitcoin mining books already but there are many books about the same topic, so execution and promotion play a role.
He/you could also setup a course about how to start, maintain, manage Bitcoin mining business or equipment.
You might need to do some research about the niche and potential. If you grow a lot you might even start selling it as SaaS or hash power to clients, but that's a long way to go.

On the mining topic though, not sure Bitcoin mining is profitable for the small miner, it requires special equipment, lot of electricity, maintenance, cooling systems and the lifecycle of all of it.

CryptoCurt

Contributor
Oct 2, 2019
Germany
My son is about to set up some Bitcoin mining equipment. He invests time, thoughts and energy.
I told him to do an exact wright up, a step by step tutorial and public it as an ebook.

BTW, he doesn’t want to!
Hi Ing,
your idea is valid, documenting every step of the way (no matter what business idea you follow) is great.
Can be used to find mistakes, to write manuals etc...

As @Spino already said, there are good books on the market already. So question is how this one would be different.

But what i find most important: "BTW, he doesn’t want to!"

With a negative attitude, this will be half-baked at best and far from a possible success.
If this is not what he wants, let him do what he is passionate about. Only then it has a chance of success.
Just my 5 cent.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
As a book, probably not. As a daily vlog/blog/Twitter posts, possibly. A lot of value and marketing opportunities for this lies in sharing results with the community daily, not when it's all done. "Follow me as I learn how to mine Bitcoin" is interesting to watch. "Read how I built it" is more boring because it's not in real time.

mattierocks

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 11, 2014
Agree with the folks above. If he documented the journey of becoming a small mining operation, I’m sure a lot of people would eventually follow along. The key would be to building and regularly sending to an email list. This would open up all kinds of possibilities from affiliate offers to finding out if the book would actually sell.

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

BTW, he doesn’t want to!
Probably a good idea if it is more comprehensive to include other income source tutorial in the space

1) Defi yield farming
2) Creating your own NFT art for sale

There is always a time when the roi of an activity goes down eventually.

Spino

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 26, 2019
Probably a good idea if it is more comprehensive to include other income source tutorial in the space

1) Defi yield farming
2) Creating your own NFT art for sale

There is always a time when the roi of an activity goes down eventually.
If it's an ebook I would disagree, I would keep the book relevant to one topic only and make different ebooks for different income source. The topics are big enough to justify dedicated books in my opinion.

If it's a blog then merge the topics would be better

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Writing and publishing the book itself would be a success. What is there to lose?

Kevin88660

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If it's an ebook I would disagree, I would keep the book relevant to one topic only and make different ebooks for different income source. The topics are big enough to justify dedicated books in my opinion.

If it's a blog then merge the topics would be better
I don't like ebook too because the space is changing too fast.

High gas fee is forcing people to binance smart chain. There is a new start-up coming with hashrate backed cryptocurrency (btcst) that you can stake to mine btc.

Social Media like Youtube or Medium could be better choice of content monetisation.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Writing and publishing the book itself would be a success. What is there to lose?
Well, I think its already a success, when the mining setup works! ;)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ing

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
The mining setup works. He earned the first 50€. Success.

But its not my business. I cant talk him in producing shovels for that gold rush.
Thanks for participating.

Btw: a mining farm in a room and house heating isn’t a theme any more ;))

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads