The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Bitcoin is about to go parabolic in my humble opinion. In the next 12 months it'll be apparent how badly the Chinese economy is doing and this will trigger a bull run on BTC.

Maybe I'm wrong, watch this space to see.

Roughly doubled since this prediction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
LUKSO Mainnet has officially launched!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
LUKSO Migration starting Jan 4 and will be open for about 4 years (The LYXe Migration Process)

Converting your LYXE to LYX, you'll need some ETH to cover the gas fees of bridging your LYXE.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
#Bitcoin is an International Asset. - Larry Fink, BlackRock CEO

View: https://twitter.com/saylor/status/1676687611379826688?s=20

This is a BIG statement from Larry Fink...
I believe their Bitcoin etf was approved which is huge

Also dodgy since no one else’s has been

Someone can correct me but that’s what I understand has happened

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
I believe their Bitcoin etf was approved which is huge

Also dodgy since no one else’s has been

Someone can correct me but that’s what I understand has happened
It wasn't approved. It was asked to be amended and sent in again. Same with Fidelity.

AidenRafi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
I think BTC is mispriced atm, the Blackrock ETF is all but gauranteed imo.

They are one of the largest players in the world and likely have a direct relationship with regulators.

I think there is going to be a big surge in price once this Binance/DOJ stuff is sorted.

Also AI might take a break in 2024, which means money could flow back into crypto.

Prepare yourselves accordingly.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
People are pretty clueless if they keep calling crypto "private", "The Peoples' Money", a fairer system, etc. I don't see any difference other than BTC can't be printed. But all other elements are there. The people with the most money and connections will control crypto, just as they do with all money right now.

I don't know why people see BlackRock and other big companies swooping in as a good thing. You're thinking very short term and selfish. People are thinking of the "gains" they're hoping to get on their tiny pile of coins, but give no shit about improving the world or making a fairer financial system.

People used these kinds of lines to describe crypto. It's very disappointing because either lot of people are stupid or they're snakes.

AidenRafi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
People are pretty clueless if they keep calling crypto "private", "The Peoples' Money", a fairer system, etc. I don't see any difference other than BTC can't be printed. But all other elements are there. The people with the most money and connections will control crypto, just as they do with all money right now.

I don't know why people see BlackRock and other big companies swooping in as a good thing. You're thinking very short term and selfish. People are thinking of the "gains" they're hoping to get on their tiny pile of coins, but give no shit about improving the world or making a fairer financial system.

People used these kinds of lines to describe crypto. It's very disappointing because either lot of people are stupid or they're snakes.
Show me a society in history where the 10/20% don't own 80/90% of the wealth. This is a feature not a bug. Once you understand this, life becomes clearer.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
James Jani exploited the technology and how it's used. Honestly, I am biased on this. There just a waste of time to invest time, resources, and money into imo. Same thing with Crypto. Until the USD Dollar falls, nothing can replace that currency.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
James Jani exploited the technology and how it's used. Honestly, I am biased on this. There just a waste of time to invest time, resources, and money into imo. Same thing with Crypto. Until the USD Dollar falls, nothing can replace that currency.
Cryptos have long term risks

Short term risks (failures, hacks, frauds, scams, etc.) are well known, therefore we will not consider these risks here. Instead, let us concentrate our attention on the most important long term risks, because long term risks are not widely known even among crypto experts. The counter party risk is the first important long term risk in cryptos.

The second important long term risk is political risk. Governments have monopolies on money, therefore they will eliminate any competitor which will pose any threat to these monopolies. When CDBCs will be implemented by governments all cryptos, competing with CDBCs, will be eliminated.

The third important long term risk is technological risk. Modern quantum computers could brake cryptographic algorithms on which cryptos are based very soon (see [1] ). According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security a fault-tolerant quantum computer could be capable of breaking current encryption used for Public Key Cryptography as soon as 2030 ( see [2]).

Conclusion:

The most important long term risks in cryptos are: counter party, political, and technological.

References:

[1] https://www.dynpass.online/pqc.html

[2] The world is heading for a 'quantum divide': here's why it matters

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Cryptos have long term risks

Short term risks (failures, hacks, frauds, scams, etc.) are well known, therefore we will not consider these risks here. Instead, let us concentrate our attention on the most important long term risks, because long term risks are not widely known even among crypto experts. The counter party risk is the first important long term risk in cryptos.

The second important long term risk is political risk. Governments have monopolies on money, therefore they will eliminate any competitor which will pose any threat to these monopolies. When CDBCs will be implemented by governments all cryptos, competing with CDBCs, will be eliminated.

The third important long term risk is technological risk. Modern quantum computers could brake cryptographic algorithms on which cryptos are based very soon (see [1] ). According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security a fault-tolerant quantum computer could be capable of breaking current encryption used for Public Key Cryptography as soon as 2030 ( see [2]).

Conclusion:

The most important long term risks in cryptos are: counter party, political, and technological.

References:

[1] https://www.dynpass.online/pqc.html

[2] The world is heading for a 'quantum divide': here's why it matters
Well said!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
An NFT is just a Crypto in Disguise, the technology that it runs on is faulty and cannot/will not be able to compete with the printing of the American Dollar.

In James's video, he describes how a company (Which I forgot the name of) allowed others to create their own coins using their software. Thus, this creates a "Market" of sorts, in which then people got major influencers to promote their tokens. So anyone could have created a fake coin, fake market, and then promoted the coin to give it some sort of value. This is the "Get Rich Quick" scheme pursuit of people getting into Crypto. Though this was the changing scene during the C0VlD-19 lockdown. Many of the creators actually rug-pulled the entire market and it made them instant millionaires, while the rest of the people got nothing. And the worse thing is, Twitter is still flooded with people who are Crypto and NFT enthusiasts. Plus the platform has still a ton of fake profiles.

It just amazes me how a digital art work can be sold for millions of dollars. It's such a big hoax for people looking to create wealth for themselves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdWE_ffirg&t=79s&ab_channel=JamesJani

Last edited:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Looking to pick up some BTC/crypto after the DOJ has targeted Binance and prices are a lot lower during capitulation. Then I'll hold during the ETF/halving hype in 2024, then get out for good after that.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
The end of NFTs...

Can't say I care.

I mean, I think they're dead for a totally different reason. But the writer of this article is about 12 months out of date, the whole commission thing has been sorted.

They'll still be around, but will slowly die over the next 3 years or so, is my guess.

EDIT: I've just realised the article is talking about Eth NFTs.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Bitcoin was dead, many times.
NFTs , I don’t see their sense beside transferring wealth to certain entrepreneurs. But imo we ll see the NFTs in the next bullrun, too.
And what about the Ordinals? Dead? Like BTC?

I m excited, where the Cryptos are in 2 years.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
NFTs , I don’t see their sense beside transferring wealth to certain entrepreneurs. But imo we ll see the NFTs in the next bullrun, too.

crypto has been dominated by bitcoin, eth and then the NFT scam and bear market ruined everything including several exchanges where people lost it all. There are several world class projects like quant, chainlink, etc lying low in the weeds

NFTS have a purpose for sure but there have been money laundering thru jpegs and shit that happened to cause insane speculation

it will be back, in fact, its the most bearish I've ever seen it in years and confirms I am right to be loading over time on great solid projects and avoiding fake projects like doge, etc

AnonMV

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 15, 2023
Mumbai, India

NFTs might see a return if they are marketed as a way to secure against AI art. C2PA is basically just Corpo issued NFTs.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
NFTs might see a return if they are marketed as a way to secure against AI art. C2PA is basically just Corpo issued NFTs.
everyone is underestimating how important trust/blockchain and dlt watermarks and verification will be in a ai connected world

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
crypto has been dominated by bitcoin, eth and then the NFT scam and bear market ruined everything including several exchanges where people lost it all. There are several world class projects like quant, chainlink, etc lying low in the weeds

NFTS have a purpose for sure but there have been money laundering thru jpegs and shit that happened to cause insane speculation

it will be back, in fact, its the most bearish I've ever seen it in years and confirms I am right to be loading over time on great solid projects and avoiding fake projects like doge, etc
crypto is finally ripping for 1st time in 2 years

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Nah, you are just offsetting your ''capital gains''

GENIUS.
Unfortunately I’ve lost money in every stock and coin I’ve ever picked so there’s no capital gains, that coin isn’t even my worst pick lol look up Noumi on the ASX

I’m thinking ahead though, I’ve been holding them just in case I ever do make any capital gains

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.