The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Billionaire Dreams: What Makes You Happy?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
As is my want, I do like to daydream about what it is going to be like when those millions and billions start rolling in.

I have the standard big house/cars/aeroplane daydreams, but then I have the proper ones, whereby I try and imagine what individual days, hours and minutes will be like when I don't have any money worries.

The things I imagine myself doing, are the things that make me truly happy, things that I would quite happily fill up my life doing, so I thought I'd share them, and ask what you guys would do, or if you're already at a point of financial security, what you currently do to fill your time.

1. Writing - I love writing, I could easily lose myself in it for hours on end, I don't even care if the thing I'm writing never gets seen. Writing makes me happy to the point whereby I can't even explain why, I just know that I love to sit and write, which is probably why I've made money in the past, and am aiming to make even more by writing, however it's not really about the money, when I'm rich, I'll still write.

2. Coding - I've just about accepted (sort of), that I won't become a genius coder, I'm just too damn old, which sucks. However I'll still give it a go after I make serious bank, simply because I bloody love it!

I love logic, and it really gets me going when I see well written code, or I find out about some elegant solution to a problem. I love talking about it, I love doing it, I even love watching others doing it, and most of all, I love learning about it.

3. Film making - This has been a passion since I was a young snip of a thing, I've worked in various parts of the film industry, however my general, acerbic-doesn't-suffer-fools-gladly attitude is not best suited for an industry whereby arse-kissing is a prerequisite.

However I love being on set, it is an intoxicating feeling being part of a film/tv production, I love all the people involved and I also love post production. So after the cash is no longer a problem, I'll make lots of little short films, and maybe even a feature.

4. Mentoring - Probably because I love the sound of my own voice, and I'm such an education-junkie, that I really enjoy passing on what little knowledge I can. I like looking at people's problems and finding solutions for them, and I get a genuine buzz watching someone go through an oh-yeah! moment.

So yeah, there are other things, golf, holidays, golf-holidays, charity, blah, blah, blah, however these four things are the ones that would take up most of my time I reckon.

What about you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Drawing and painting all day, going to cruises around the world (I'm not a fan of flying tbh), partying and having fun with girls (I'll even need a spreadsheet by then to keep track).

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Drawing and painting all day, going to cruises around the world (I'm not a fan of flying tbh), partying and having fun with girls (I'll even need a spreadsheet by then to keep track).
So Dan Blizerian?
images

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'd start KAK's foundation for rich capitalists.

As an under-represented group, the rich need an advocacy foundation that supports their property rights and advances capitalism to help make new rich people worldwide.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Start an alternative media biz. There are so many very rich funders for legacy media stuff, but not many for alternative media.

Everyone gets banned from income streams, so you need to bankroll it yourself. Basically a non-profit.

Don't really care about the material stuff beyond a certain upper-middle class point. Ferraris and muscle cars are fun to drive. And a jet would save time.

Oh, I also want 10+ kids. That would probably take up a lot of time once they get to that 10+ age. Don't need millions for that though.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

This is funnier because I'm 98% certain you're serious! :-D

Oh, I also want 10+ kids. That would probably take up a lot of time once they get to that 10+ age. Don't need millions for that though.

You sound like me at 18, just wait till you have one, you'll wonder what kind of madness drugs you were on when you thought you wanted multiples of the little blighters!

Shashwat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 28, 2018
I want to become a millionaire because I want to be happy, but that's not the only reason. I never said this during my intro post, but my dad takes so much stress for me and my sister, my first dream is to pay off all my dad's loans .

My second goal is to buy a bungalow for my grandfather.

My third goal is to start my own non profit foundation called 'Indian mathematical circles' which will help students like me to study higher mathematics together.

These are my three goals and money is my means.

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
1. Writing - I love writing, I could easily lose myself in it for hours on end, I don't even care if the thing I'm writing never gets seen. Writing makes me happy to the point whereby I can't even explain why, I just know that I love to sit and write, which is probably why I've made money in the past, and am aiming to make even more by writing, however it's not really about the money, when I'm rich, I'll still write.

2. Coding - I've just about accepted (sort of), that I won't become a genius coder, I'm just too damn old, which sucks. However I'll still give it a go after I make serious bank, simply because I bloody love it!

I love logic, and it really gets me going when I see well written code, or I find out about some elegant solution to a problem. I love talking about it, I love doing it, I even love watching others doing it, and most of all, I love learning about it.

3. Film making - This has been a passion since I was a young snip of a thing, I've worked in various parts of the film industry, however my general, acerbic-doesn't-suffer-fools-gladly attitude is not best suited for an industry whereby arse-kissing is a prerequisite.

However I love being on set, it is an intoxicating feeling being part of a film/tv production, I love all the people involved and I also love post production. So after the cash is no longer a problem, I'll make lots of little short films, and maybe even a feature.

4. Mentoring - Probably because I love the sound of my own voice, and I'm such an education-junkie, that I really enjoy passing on what little knowledge I can. I like looking at people's problems and finding solutions for them, and I get a genuine buzz watching someone go through an oh-yeah! moment.

How awesome is it that you can basically do all of this NOW! No need to wait until Fastlane success. I mean obviously with more time & money you can do more on a bigger scale, but it’s not like “owning a jet” which straight up takes money & can’t be done without it. In the mean time you can certainly be writing/coding/film making/mentoring in some capacity [emoji3]

Are you working on any projects in these areas at the moment?

Or perhaps you’re too busy with a disciplined & focused approach to your Fastlane, which is fair enough & a more sensible path than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
the rich need an advocacy foundation that supports their property rights and advances capitalism to help make new rich people worldwide.

The WORLD needs this, not just the rich!

I love how proper capitalism is all about the win-win.

Do you rate any of the current advocacies/think tanks/organisations-doing-this-sort-of-thing/whatnot?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The WORLD needs this, not just the rich!

I love how proper capitalism is all about the win-win.

Do you rate any of the current advocacies/think tanks/organisations-doing-this-sort-of-thing/whatnot?

Americans For Prosperity is a good organization.

Last edited:

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015

As an under-represented group, the rich need an advocacy foundation that supports their property rights and advances capitalism to help make new rich people worldwide.

Nice!

I'd like buy an African country, the best army money can buy and then invite all the richest people in the world to live in the first country with zero taxes - a government funded by voluntary donation. If they know what's good for them, they'll contribute.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nice!

I'd like buy an African country, the best army money can buy and then invite all the richest people in the world to live in the first country with zero taxes - a government funded by voluntary donation. If they know what's good for them, they'll contribute.

I'd expect an invite.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Are you working on any projects in these areas at the moment?

Apart from film making yes, my point was I won't have to interrupt myself with the tiresome chore of making money :)

"President Exalted Life!"

"Yes General Mubatto what is it?"

"The army, they are saying they want more money."

"But we pay them well, their wages are six times the average for a soldier in this part of the world."

"Yes, but they say that the rich people they are guarding can afford to pay them more."

"Mmm, Okay, give them a small raise."

"Thank you El Presidente. Now the matter of the eighty seven million people who of course still live here even though you have 'bought' the country."

"What of them?"

"Well years of corruption and underdevelopment have left the infrastructure of the country in tatters. They say that now their country is owned and lived in by billionaires, they should have better roads and schools."

"Okay, well build them."

"The estimated bill for new roads, plumbing, and electrical system is around $228 billion dollars, and that's just to build, it doesn't take into account the ongoing upkeep costs."

"Fine, we'll just ask the billionaires to up their voluntary donations."

"But Mr President."

"Yes?"

"The billionaires say that they are not going to increase their voluntary donations, as they do not want to pay tax. Plus not everyone is giving money freely."

"But we need the money to make the country safe and a nice place to live."

"They say that they are happy with their private security, and their dwellings are very nice to live in, thank you very much. They say that if the poor want to better themselves they should work harder."

"Tell them I am imposing a 10% limit on the voluntary donations."

"Okay."

Some months later.

"Mr President!"

"Yes General Mubatto?"

"The rich are not paying your 10% voluntary donation. We are still short by over $150 billion dollars to fund the country regrowth program and to pay the army extra money. Plus of course we slip further into debt with the World Bank every day. In the time it took me to say that sentence we owe them another $22.5 million in interest payments alone."

"Hmm, well I'm making a law then, the 10% donation must be paid if you want to live here."

"Mr President!"

"What!?"

"Isn't that just the same as tax?"

"Get out General Mubatto."

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
It’s interesting as I was thinking the other day how much my perspective and goals have changed over time.

I used to want to move to a million dollar house, but now a 300k one is perfectly fine. I used to want a Lambo, but now I just want a nice truck. I used to think that when I “made it” I would sit around doing nothing all the time. Now I would start more businesses lol.

Just like you, your goals should be constantly evolving and changing as you grow as a person and as an entrepreneur.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Important things:
  • Have all the time to make the video games I want to make without worrying about their sells or how long they would take.
  • Bring my family abroad back home.
Material and secondary things:
  • A nice apartment close to the beach nearby (not so expensive here, 300.000 euros at most for good ones).
  • Travel the world, specially Japan, New Zealand/Australia and Canada/Alaska.
  • Have more time for composing music and drawing.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Apart from film making yes, my point was I won't have to interrupt myself with the tiresome chore of making money :)

"But we pay them well, their wages are six times the average for a soldier in this part of the world."

"Yes, but they say that the rich people they are guarding can afford to pay them more."

"Thank you El Presidente. Now the matter of the eighty seven million people who of course still live here even though you have 'bought' the country."

"What of them?"

"Well years of corruption and underdevelopment have left the infrastructure of the country in tatters. They say that now their country is owned and lived in by billionaires, they should have better roads and schools."

"Okay, well build them."

"The estimated bill for new roads, plumbing, and electrical system is around $228 billion dollars, and that's just to build, it doesn't take into account the ongoing upkeep costs."

"But Mr President."

"Yes?"

"The billionaires say that they are not going to increase their voluntary donations, as they do not want to pay tax. Plus not everyone is giving money freely."

"They say that they are happy with their private security, and their dwellings are very nice to live in, thank you very much. They say that if the poor want to better themselves they should work harder."

"Okay."

Some months later.

"Mr President!"

"Yes General Mubatto?"

"The rich are not paying your 10% voluntary donation. We are still short by over $150 billion dollars to fund the country regrowth program and to pay the army extra money. Plus of course we slip further into debt with the World Bank every day. In the time it took me to say that sentence we owe them another $22.5 million in interest payments alone."

"Hmm, well I'm making a law then, the 10% donation must be paid if you want to live here."

"Mr President!"

"What!?"

Who said I would put the government in charge of building roads or schools?

Your weak attempt to say that governments can't run without taxes is akin to saying society cannot exist without the threat of force.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Who said I would put the government in charge of building roads or schools?

Your weak attempt to say that governments can't run without taxes is akin to saying society cannot exist without the threat of force.

Funny how you equate armies and governments as the same thing...

Anyway, good luck with your future plans on becoming a dictator of a country you weren't even born in...

[...] is akin to saying society cannot exist without the threat of force.

Erm, wasn't it you who said you'd buy a huge army... why do you need that in your Utopian dictatorship?

Last edited:

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Funny how you equate armies and governments as the same thing...

Anyway, good luck with your future plans on becoming a dictator of a country you weren't even born in...

Erm, wasn't it you who said you'd buy a huge army... why do you need that in your Utopian dictatorship?

To defend the borders against foreign military aggression. It is Africa after all. It's also the MAIN function of government, next to the police and the courts. Why do you think the President is called the Commander in Chief?

Who said anything about being a dictator? What part of *zero taxes* didn't you understand? There's no room for dictatorship under real capitalism, but judging from your other comments I'd be surprised if you actually knew what that means

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn

"What of them?"

"Okay, well build them."

"But Mr President."

"Yes?"

"Okay."

Some months later.

"Mr President!"

"Yes General Mubatto?"

"Mr President!"

"What!?"

$228 billion dollars for new roads, plumbing, and electrical system!?
I think General Mubatto may be corrupt himself!

Bryaninbangkok

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Feb 4, 2018
Bangkok
I am starting to write more and I want to mentor more, it's a great aim to have, I just need to keep hacking away at my goals. I have been in the fast lane for a few years and I need 3-5 years more at least to hit the next lofty goal. I think traveling the world doing a funny documentary would be awesome. (like an idiot abroad)

Jon Rad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jan 29, 2019
Germany Hessen
For some reason I want to do some things in the Construction Industry like automate that shit and make it better + steal some jobs :D

i really dont know why since i never really looked into this kind of shit but i have this clear plan of Launching my Webapp earning some Cash with that and then moving on to first the construction industry and then learning more about AI
i really cant remember Manifasting any of theese i just have this vision for so long :D

I notice that everytime i get myself to work for something made by myself im just happy af even tho i dont enjoy the process of working itself so Much.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Important things:
  • Have all the time to make the video games I want to make without worrying about their sells or how long they would take.
  • Bring my family abroad back home.
Material and secondary things:
  • A nice apartment close to the beach nearby (not so expensive here, 300.000 euros at most for good ones).
  • Travel the world, specially Japan, New Zealand/Australia and Canada/Alaska.
  • Have more time for composing music and drawing.

It's interesting that you put material and secondary things together. It seems to me material things come first, ie. Food, shelter, heat, etc.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
It’s interesting as I was thinking the other day how much my perspective and goals have changed over time.

I used to want to move to a million dollar house, but now a 300k one is perfectly fine. I used to want a Lambo, but now I just want a nice truck. I used to think that when I “made it” I would sit around doing nothing all the time. Now I would start more businesses lol.

Just like you, your goals should be constantly evolving and changing as you grow as a person and as an entrepreneur.
I agree with you. Buying and owning expensive "stuff" is a young person's dream. My life becomes simpler concerning "things" as I grow older.

BUT, that said, I too am expanding my business base. I'm going back to some good old basics in the real estate investment business, which I'm updating with the currently available electronic upgrades. I love to make deals and play the real estate game. When I was young, I used to put these deals together for clients. Now, my only client is me!

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
It's interesting that you put material and secondary things together. It seems to me material things come first, ie. Food, shelter, heat, etc.
The topic was As is my want, I do like to daydream about what it is going to be like when those millions and billions start rolling in., so I just focused on that. I assumed that food, shelter, heat, etc. would be implied by the fact of having millions on the bank :) so I just focused on what extra things those millions would bring for me. A nice apartment is a nice-to-have, but not as important as other things, as long as you still have a roof.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
Great thread, thanks!

Really gets the mind going when I close my eyes!
Hmm.. I really love animals. More than humans actually, I think. So definitely will have my loghouse in the countryside and all filled with bunnies (I have only one now), dogs, cats and probably some other species :) Me and my gf will wake up in the morning and go on the terrace to drink coffee and watch the sunrise with the furry babies.

We will have couple of kids too some day!

Would love to build an amazing animal shelter some day to help the little guys who are on the street on their own. :( Let my sister to manage the place. She's amazing with animals.

I love cars. Don't need many, maybe 2-3.
My own small gym to work out when I want to.
Go to see Man United play, would attend most of the games (yeah, maybe a waste of time for some, but I am a F*cking billionaire). Would sit next to Sir Alex Ferguson. :)

Lost my parents when I was 10 (not at the same time, there was couple of months between), my big brother and his wife raised me and my sister. They love Spain and Tenerife (they try to go there couple of times a year) so I will buy them a house there.

Will pay off my other brother's debts (he's awful with money and decision-making and is causing me stress and pain all the time). Will try and teach him a bit so he'd stay debt-free. Or maybe slap him in the face :)

I consider myself creative and would love to make some stupid funny films!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Start a none profit research centre and think tank. Maybe run my own hedge fund.

Talking about wonkish stuff is my top interest. I can do that call day.

Making money is only second.

I didn’t join academia because I cannot stand doing the same topic in my life for the next 35 years.

No interest in big houses and fast cars at all.

Write articles and books on modern sales theory, since that is what I am doing right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.