The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bill Gates of Poker - Dan Bilzerian

CheekyMiscer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 4, 2014
I had to remove my like from that. I only liked it because of certain aspects of the picture..didn't read the text until now..I'd rather be myself.

I still like the picture because of the angels though. Angels...haha :innocent: :halo:;)

PS: Steven Fernandez aka Baby Scumbag (only 13-15 y/o ?) is another phenomenon. Here's his YouTube channel, I'm sure you'll see the videos that relate to Dan in some way: https://www.youtube.com/user/BabyScumbag/videos

He makes me want to start skating again...damn.

I love Steven Fernandez. I knew a guy who was exactly like him while growing up. Dude is legit hilarious

btw you couldn't pay me enough money to trade lives with Dan. 3 heart attacks under his belt and he uses reasonable amounts of juice and still looks very average. I'd be impressed if he lives an extra 5 years.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
Is poker real something worth learning? After looking into it it looks like these guys get to travel the world, party with beautiful women and live like rockstars. A young guy would be crazy not to go after this... Is there some kinda catch to all this im missing?

brandonrush

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 23, 2012
Louisiana
Is poker real something worth learning? After looking into it it looks like these guys get to travel the world, party with beautiful women and live like rockstars. A young guy would be crazy not to go after this... Is there some kinda catch to all this im missing?

Chris, I thought you were in the process of starting a business? Quit going from idea to idea and just stick to one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

aernout

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 23, 2014
the catch that you're missing is that you have to grind constantly either behind your pc or playing live. Also you have to constantly focus while grinding, because your money is on the line constantly. You have to study the game constantly and work on your game to stay ahead of the curve. And the hardest part of poker is probably the swings. You can lose a couple thousand $ in a day, or when playing really high a couple million $ in a day. The hardest part about this is that you start wondering if you're still a winning player. Poker is probably the hardest job you could have, cause it's so emotionally draining. You can go on a losing streak for 1-3 months, just losing money each day.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania

Yeah, the catch is he made his money through his father, not from poker.

It's like saying that you would be crazy not to be a professional baseball player.

The dude is fake. He's not "living the life he wants to live" because of his own hard work. His set-up Instagram feed is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Not at all what I aspire to be. If that's your idea of a good role model, go ahead. Have heart attacks, blow all of your money, and pay women to be around you.

Haha, what a boss.

Throwing women off of rooftops and almost killing them is your idea of a "boss". There's a section in TMF about life choices. Perhaps you should reread that part instead of just focusing on displays of money.

aernout

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 23, 2014
It's like saying that you would be crazy not to be a professional baseball player.

I agree with this statement. Though the amount of money you can win with poker in relation to the amount of skill you need is a joke compared to baseball.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI

The dude is fake. He's not "living the life he wants to live" because of his own hard work. His set-up Instagram feed is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Not at all what I aspire to be. If that's your idea of a good role model, go ahead. Have heart attacks, blow all of your money, and pay women to be around you.

Throwing women off of rooftops and almost killing them is your idea of a "boss". There's a section in TMF about life choices. Perhaps you should reread that part instead of just focusing on displays of money.

I wouldn't say a role model but he sure looks like he lives a fun lifestyle for a young guy. On top of that the reason I posted here is because i found additional videos of other poker players living similar lifestyles and I did not want to start a whole new thread. I figured this was close enough to the topic.

I don't think that "he pays" women to be around him LOL. He is young, rich and famous. Surrounded by celebrities. of course beautiful women are going to be around him...

Have heart attacks? What.....

CigarMan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 24, 2013
Winning 50 million is impressive but the question in mind is how much did he lose?

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't say a role model but he sure looks like he lives a fun lifestyle for a young guy. On top of that the reason I posted here is because i found additional videos of other poker players living similar lifestyles and I did not want to start a whole new thread. I figured this was close enough to the topic.

I don't think that "he pays" women to be around him LOL. He is young, rich and famous. Surrounded by celebrities. of course beautiful women are going to be around him...

Have heart attacks? What.....

He's had 2 heart attacks already. Cocaine. This much he has stated himself.

It's been confirmed numerous times that he pays the women you see in his Instagram feed. But believe what you want. LOL. Life is just like a movie right?

His money comes from his father, not poker. His father made money by...
Deceiving companies into believing they faced a hostile takeover attempt and scaring them into buying their stock from him at a high price.

Like I said, you can have whatever role models you want. But this guy is no more "fastlane" than Kim Kardashian, so I fail to see how he is relevant to this forum.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
He's had 2 heart attacks already. Cocaine. This much he has stated himself.

It's been confirmed numerous times that he pays the women you see in his Instagram feed. But believe what you want. LOL. Life is just like a movie right?

His money comes from his father, not poker. His father made money by...

Like I said, you can have whatever role models you want. But this guy is no more "fastlane" than Kim Kardashian, so I fail to see how he is relevant to this forum.

LOL why u so mad. He's living his life. Get off this forum, stop hating and do something with yours.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto

I just realized your username is "Boxster" and your display pic is a a Porsche Boxster, hahahah I don't need to see or hear anything else from you.

LnTdzT6.jpg

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Ah. Never heard of this guy. I spot this thread near the top for a couple of days thought I'd check it out.

My takeaway.

--

Anyone can party. What else you got?

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
LOL why u so mad. He's living his life. Get off this forum, stop hating and do something with yours.

No hate intended, simply pointing out that the man is not a role model in the fastlane sense of the word. He's good at entertainment and providing shock value, but as MJ said, not the type of person I aspire to be.

Yes, it's a hair accessory car. But I like cars for the way they drive and make me feel, not as a status symbol. Same deal with the Mazda MX-5. Hairdressers like cars that can corner.

Last edited:

mowealth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Feb 18, 2014
World Traveler
Some of you guys are taking this way to seriously. Whether he inherited his money (still his), whether he won or lost 50 million (still his), whether he's living an expensive or whatever you call it lifestyle (still his). I personally wouldn't be living the same type of lifestyle had I been worth 100 million because it's just not me, but for some of you here, you're just hating (slowlaners hate). Let the dude live. What happened to being happy for someone because they've made it?

Thing is, people are different and if he isn't someone you look up to, then don't, there are plenty of other people.

Props to him though, he's living the life he wants.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Did you seriously just went into personal offense because he criticized a celebrity? The problem is that this guy is basically selling empty dreams.....

He took a personal shot at me. It's only fair. Read his original quote.

"There's a section in TMF about life choices. Perhaps you should reread that part"

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Children, children...do we need a timeout?

I found Dan Bilzerian to be entertaining, I like following his IG but I don't l don't look up to him or try to be him one bit. If he enjoys his life though, good for him.

MyronGainz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Children, children...do we need a timeout?

I found Dan Bilzerian to be entertaining, I like following his IG but I don't l don't look up to him or try to be him one bit. If he enjoys his life though, good for him.

This.

I don't understand why people here are debating the source of his wealth. Who really cares. His instagram is entertaining and he does pretty cool shit. Just take it at face value, enjoy the hot women, exotic cars and nice views. That's it, do not look to deep into it and especially do not get angry over it lol.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I love Steven Fernandez. I knew a guy who was exactly like him while growing up. Dude is legit hilarious
btw you couldn't pay me enough money to trade lives with Dan. 3 heart attacks under his belt and he uses reasonable amounts of juice and still looks very average. I'd be impressed if he lives an extra 5 years.

Hahaha, he sounds like an interesting guy. I used to skate with a large group of guys, actually several groups and we were are little rebels ;) When I was around Steven's age ... just good times (well, mostly) :)

I agree but if I could take the position he is in right now rather than 'be him' I would.

If anything bad happens to Dan, it will be all over the internet within hours or a day/ We'll see...

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
I don't know whether or not this guy earned his money playing poker (I stopped paying attention after the U.S. government decided to squash online poker), but it takes extreme discipline to play poker for a living. I highly doubt this guy has that discipline.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

SGBoise

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jan 21, 2014
Some background info on the family behind those who are worshiped...
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
http://www.wsj.com/video/how-a-wall...ion/37ACC47B-BEDC-4A7C-8EB9-E514FD8F5520.html

Damn, it's pretty sad when some gets thrown in jail for stealing a CD but if you owe millions to the government it's no biggie. I'm don't hate wealthy people just assholes.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
If anything bad happens to Dan, it will be all over the internet within hours or a day/ We'll see...

Well...

He got arrested and went to jail. But apparently he is now released.

Did he really kick a model in the face? If so, wow.

That's not why he went to jail though.

He was allegedly attempting to make a bomb...

1 - 6 years in prison if convicted with a felony...

SOURCES:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/12/10/dan-bilzerian-arrested-no-bail/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/instagram-star-dan-bilzerian-arrested-at-lax-and-held-withou

http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-bilzerian-arrested-at-lax-held-without-bail-2014-12

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.