The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Biggest need in my mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Anyone catch the Masters? See the winner Jordan spieth? 21 year old kid in his prime looks 40 years old without a hat... So many young teens 20s 30s in the prime of their lives suffer from balding. Hell my hair has gotten thinner all of a sudden and I'm 22. If your going bald/are bald in your 20s your literally shunned from society. Women wont give you the time of day. If jordan spieth wasnt a golfer making millions his life would be over. The camera crew had to turn away from him a bunch of times because he was literally blocking his head with his hat while trying to fix his hair just reeks of insecurity. See it on his face. My friend is literally in a depression because hes 24 losing his hair. Not everyone can pull off the Jason statham look.

I read somewhere the reason there's no cure is because it's more profitable to "treat" hair loss then to cure. What kind of nonsense is that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I read somewhere the reason there's no cure is because it's more profitable to "treat" hair loss then to cure. What kind of nonsense is that?

I never studied hair loss, but I know Rogaine rings a bell from commercials. It wouldn't surprise me if that nonsense exists. Many plants can heal people, but of course man desired to profit off of it. Like there's a guy on YT that injects snake venom in his body for a number of years and he's healthier then most people and doesn't age as quickly.

And just as many products that are the same ingredients but used for different things and branded and repackaged. I had to laugh when someone told me hemorrhoid creme is the same thing women spend lots of money on for crows feet. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. And I've heard people using Crisco oil on dry skin. Listerine I guess makes good window and toilet bowl cleaner.

We live in a world that profits off everything and anything and some people don't want to solve certain problems because it costs them money. So, I guess it's basically snake oil salesmen in some cases, others that don't want you to know, secrets maybe generations know from grandma, or seeking out the solution in alternative routes. It's out there somewhere, just may not be where you're looking.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Here's what I wanna do. I want to create a donation a petition kind of website and I want every man on the planet who suffers from hair loss to donate 5 bucks. Women getting fake breasts and silicon filled asses society is so goddamn superficial and its only gonna get worse. Looks means everything anyone who doesn't agree is ignorant. I see so many depressed bald guys its a joke. Come one boys, lets sack up and solve a real problem Let's get a real, permanent solution for our lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Get in contact with people who had hairloss but grew back their hair. Do what they did, don't listen to any stupid doctors telling you it's genetic therefore you can never have hair. You may be predisposed to it but that just means you need to take measures against it whereas someone else can wave their hair and never worry about losing it. Stay positive, minimize stress and never give up

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I went to school with a kid who had a hair transplant aged 18. I would normally feel bad for the guy but he was a nasty piece of work, LOL.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yup the need is huge and as well as the market.

Anyone that can find a solution, even one that's just "OK" can make a fortune.

Heck, I'm sure this crap made a ton at one time or another.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Not everyone can pull off the Jason statham look.
It's not the look of Jason Statham that people don't pull off, it's the confidence of Jason Statham that people don't pull off. If you have the confidence of Jason Statham, it won't matter that you're bald. Yeah, there is definitely a need, but the fact that you're bald doesn't mean you're shunned or your life is over.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Its 2015 and we don't have a real solution
It's not the look of Jason Statham that people don't pull off, it's the confidence of Jason Statham that people don't pull off. If you have the confidence of Jason Statham, it won't matter that you're bald. Yeah, there is definitely a need, but the fact that you're bald doesn't mean you're shunned or your life is over.
well ingorance is truly bliss. But the fact still stands. In this generation, if your going bald in your 20s and you don't have the proper head shape for it good luck with your confidence.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
My hair started to thin when I was around aged 22 at the front then it started to go further back and get less and less dense.
Aged 24 I decided to shave it off, grow my stubble a little bit and its actually better for pulling the girls ha.

Each to their own but if I could have a natural looking hairline back I would do it.

I was going to go to Harley Street in London for a Transplant but more I thought about it more I couldnt justify paying the price plus it pretty much covers the front of the head then the back thins out and your pretty much fecked.

Something will come out one day. But until then I will enjoy getting out of bed in the morning and not worrying if the back of my head looks like a ducks arse!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
well ingorance is truly bliss. But the fact still stands. In this generation, if your going bald in your 20s and you don't have the proper head shape for it good luck with your confidence.
What ignorance? The only ignorance here is that you think your looks determine your confidence. There are confident people with improperly shaped bald heads, and there are unconfident people that have a movie star look. I've had thinning hair since I was 25. I just don't determine how cool I am by what other people think of how thin they think my hair is.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
What ignorance? The only ignorance here is that you think your looks determine your confidence.
If your not happy with the way you look you won't be confident its that simple. That's why I'm saying ignorance bc your trying to trick yourself into thinking your confident with yourself when the fact is you may be one ugly sum bish. Why do women take forever to look good? What are they getting out of that? Genetics play a huge role in life. Why do really obese people hate themselves and desperately want to change? Because their sick of the twinkies? No because society rejects them. The facts don't lie. Attractive people live better lives generally. Ugly people gotta work a lot harder.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
If your not happy with the way you look you won't be confident its that simple.
You are correct. If you aren't happy with the way you look, you're not happy. It doesn't have to do with the way you look, but if you are happy with the way you look.

If your not happy with the way you look you won't be confident its that simple. That's why I'm saying ignorance bc your trying to trick yourself into thinking your confident with yourself when the fact is you may be one ugly sum bish. Why do women take forever to look good? What are they getting out of that? Genetics play a huge role in life. Why do really obese people hate themselves and desperately want to change? Because their sick of the twinkies? No because society rejects them. The facts don't lie. Attractive people live better lives generally. Ugly people gotta work a lot harder.
The only reason you have to trick yourself into being confident is when your confidence is dependent on the way you look. Yes, some people are like this, especially younger people who are surrounded by people that are incredibly judgmental. But they don't have to be.

I believe the reason females take forever to look good is because males have historically chosen their female partners based on physical features. Women have historically chosen their male partner for security (they will protect them from life threatening situations, stay by their side when they are pregnant and provide for their family). If men act confident, they at least give the illusion that they offer that security. This is why females generally place confidence above looks.

Some people that you might consider perfect may have very low confidence because they think they're ugly. Why? It's not because they're ugly. It's because they think they need to change in order to be confident. Yet, there are people that you would think look atrocious that are very confident because they are confident with who they are, regardless of what other people think.

I'm not saying it doesn't play a part, but you can choose to be confident or not regardless of what you look like. What others judge you for is out of your control, and people that think you're a loser because you have thin hair don't deserve your company.

Last edited:

Uly Sambrano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jan 15, 2015
You gotta be Grounded in your purpose, people will respect the shet out of you if you're a man on your purpose. If people want to add to it fine, if not thats fine too. That makes you a leader in their mind and with evolution people tend to follow leaders ;P

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Going bald won't matter if you have game. For men your looks don't matter nearly as much as it does for women because they're judged like 60-70% on their looks whereas a man can make up for 90% of his looks with his confidence. How many ugly guys do you see pulling some of the hottest women? Besides getting down on yourself for getting bald because you think you'll lose your chances with women is a dumb reason to begin with, you should want to look good for yourself.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Ya I agree with all that. But i think your misinterpreting me. I wasn't stating my opinion, I was stating how it is. Everyone judges in some form or another. Its human nature. You see the tweets about jordan? Just bashing him bec he's a balding 21 yr old. And even hes insecure. Everytime he took his hat off he looked visually uncomfortable with himself aka lack of confidence.

Yes In my young generation everyone is incredibly judgmental as you said. But through my interactions/life experience im also inclined to believe that most people are insecure. With social media playing a role in our lives majority of people have the dire need to feel important and life has turned into a competition against others. Me writing this unneccessary post when i should be sleeping can qualify as an attempt to feel important.

Everyone also seeks validation in some form or another and feeds off it. We've been indoctrinated that way. I know plenty of girls that wouldn't give a balding brah a chance. With the influence of media and entertainment combined with the 80-20 rule (20% guys have sex with 80% women) there is a reason why bald brahs are prone to insecurities/lack of confidence.

Through my observations alone I have yet to meet a balding brah under 30 years old who doesn't make known of his insecurities and and/or try to compensate in some way. Therefore in order to save face, most will adopt the "fake it till they make it" persona therefore adopting the (tricking/brainwashing yourself into thinking your confident with yourself)

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Going bald won't matter if you have game. For men your looks don't matter nearly as much as it does for women because they're judged like 60-70% on their looks whereas a man can make up for 90% of his looks with his confidence. How many ugly guys do you see pulling some of the hottest women? Besides getting down on yourself for getting bald because you think you'll lose your chances with women is a dumb reason to begin with, you should want to look good for yourself.
Strong reading comprehension. Stop getting personal this has nothing to do with me. Im not even bald

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
You gotta be Grounded in your purpose, people will respect the shet out of you if you're a man on your purpose. If people want to add to it fine, if not thats fine too. That makes you a leader in their mind and with evolution people tend to follow leaders ;P

What up fellow lifter brah...u a miscer?

My purpose is generating enough $$ to fund the lifestyle that I dreamed of. I haven't achieved that yet.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
I'm on a deeper level of thinking step up

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
And the comments below the article:
I will GLADLY watch Golf anytime for many years. From a woman point of view, he is amazingly attractive and well composed. Who cares about hair-- look at that face! He is one of the most handsome men in professional sports today.
Bald guys make more $ and have better sex.
Its not jealousy on the web, its people making cracks on twitter. And a wapo blogger tries to make a story out of joe blow tweets
And by "joe blow," he means dudes that would be unconfident if they were balding.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Strong reading comprehension. Stop getting personal this has nothing to do with me. Im not even bald
You made the thread and you said being bald means women won't give you the time of day which isn't true, stop tripping

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It's not the look of Jason Statham that people don't pull off, it's the confidence of Jason Statham that people don't pull off. If you have the confidence of Jason Statham, it won't matter that you're bald.

This is a multibillion-dollar need. I don't buy most of the foil-hat stuff related to not finding a cure. The problem of cloning the cells is maddeningly complex, compounded by the fact that quite a few things about how balding works are not well understood. For example, if you're bald, look at your scalp, and you'll see that basically every pore has a small, whitish hair coming out, like fuzz. So your scalp is still producing hair, just not the "good," long, strong, colored kind. The reason why this happens is not well understood.

Like autonomous drone research, it's pretty obvious that this is going to be an absolute cash volcano for early big players in the field, but it's not going to be a volcano that erupts for high-school educated fastlaners working alone in their basement in the evenings, like might be possible with, say, self publishing or Amazon sales. This is a need that's going to be solved by someone with a multimillion dollar lab, 6-7 figure research grants, and a small brain trust worth of PhD's and MD's at their disposal.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
This is a multibillion-dollar need. I don't buy most of the foil-hat stuff related to not finding a cure. The problem of cloning the cells is maddeningly complex, compounded by the fact that quite a few things about how balding works are not well understood. For example, if you're bald, look at your scalp, and you'll see that basically every pore has a small, whitish hair coming out, like fuzz. So your scalp is still producing hair, just not the "good," long, strong, colored kind. The reason why this happens is not well understood.

Like autonomous drone research, it's pretty obvious that this is going to be an absolute cash volcano for early big players in the field, but it's not going to be a volcano that erupts for high-school educated fastlaners working alone in their basement in the evenings, like might be possible with, say, self publishing or Amazon sales. This is a need that's going to be solved by someone with a multimillion dollar lab, 6-7 figure research grants, and a small brain trust worth of PhD's and MD's at their disposal.
Completely agree

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Lol'd at taking anything a women says in this generation seriously.

And why is that?

Really, I'm interested. I'm curious why 50% of the population, including myself, should not be taken seriously.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
And why is that?

Really, I'm interested. I'm curious why 50% of the population, including myself, should not be taken seriously.
Lold thru my experiences and from many around me I've learned not to take what women say seriously, but to take their actions seriously. I also learned women are emotionally driven and sometimes incapable of logic. For instance from your post I can tell your reacting emotionally, feel threatened. You probably are waiting to go guns blazing on me.

The thing is I don't want to have a logical debate with with an emotionally charged species on a entreprenuer forum. Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.