The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Big Thanks to the Old World Inn

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Got back Saturday night from a week in Napa for our honeymoon. We stayed the entire time at The Old world Inn. I couldn't have picked a better place to stay and just wanted to let others know of our great experience. From the secluded room, to the evening cheese and chocolate tastings, we had a blast.

We arrived Monday evening checked in as the hostess gave us a tour of the B&B, showed us everything available and gave us a tour of the room. Russ's home theater background did not disappoint when we got into the room. The gal also gave us an excellent recommendation on where to eat that night. Wine was out all day, everyday for us to enjoy.

Every morning breakfast was served at 9-10. A different breakfast served with fresh fruit each morning. The staff even took the time to make Jen a special fruit dish without melons (due to a mild allergy she has). This was my first experience with a group breakfast like this. We met a couple from Manchester England, another from Tampa and group of gals originally from the Philippine's but now living on the east coast. Several times we were there for 2+ hours just chatting the morning away after our meal was long finished. Not once were we hurried or rushed to press on.

The next few days were mixed with wine tasting and visiting downtown Napa. Everything we wanted to do in Napa was within walking distance of the Inn. The Oxbow was probably the farthest place we walked at maybe 1 mile. With temps in the high 70's, who wants to drive.

The Oxbow is a neat local market with specialized shops, including a cheese shop with a cheese monger who is one of the top 5 in the US.

Wednesday, we walked to wine train and rode up and down the valley enjoying a 5 course meal. It was excellent. We didn't have a bad meal the entire time in Napa, from Italian to burgers, to the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone.

Every Thursday night downtown Napa shuts down for their farmers market.Known locally as the Chef's Market. 4-5 city blocks of local daily picked fresh fruit, vegetables, jams, soaps, and a whole dedicated kids section with there very own hippy snowwhite. Okay, she was a bit odd (even ask the locals) but who cares, everyone was having a good time. Plus there were 3 different stages with live singers and bands.

It was a great way to end the day after we came back from the full treatment mineral springs mudbath spa in Calastoga.

All and all a great place to spend the Honeymoon. What impressed me most was how friendly the locals were to everyone. Thanks to Old World Inn's for giving us some great memories. We will be back for sure.

I recommend to others to go the B&B route if you want to visit Napa. The price can be very comparable, but the added extras make it more then then worth staying there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Congrats to you and the Mrs. Bilge. :cheers:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
We were honored that you chose to spend your honeymoon w/us, Bilge.

And it was great to see you and the new missus.

But most of all, we love that you had a great time! :hurray:

-Russ H.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Bilge,

Congratulations to you and your new bride.

Russ H,

Seclusion is my middle name. I can't wait to get up there and explore.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great job Russ, I added some tags so this shows up in web searches. Nothing like great reviews to keep the rooms full!

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Wow, thank you MJ.

That's very cool of you. :)

-Russ H.

Deege

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 12, 2008
Congrats to you Mr. and Mrs. Bilge ;-) And to Russ, someday in my future you'll catch me on a nice weekend up in Napa doing some wine testing. =]

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Congrats to you Mr. and Mrs. Bilge ;-) And to Russ, someday in my future you'll catch me on a nice weekend up in Napa doing some wine testing. =]

Lookin' forward to it, Deege! :banana:

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Do the Raiders still practice in Napa?
That is where you would find me :)

Yes, they do.

Don't see 'em too much around downtown. Not sure why (there are *great* restaurants downtown).

-Russ H.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Great review, Jason. BTW, congrats on the nuptials. Blessings to you and the lovely Mrs. Bilge!

I can't believe that I've essentially lived an hour away for the past 2 months and still haven't made it up there yet. Just wouldn't be the same without Bobo. But I might have to try it anyway!! Sounds like an awesome experience. Thanx for sharing, Bilge.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Jill-

Come on up on a Thursday afternoon, if you can get off early. For the summer months, downtown Napa closes its main drag and becomes one big street party.

It's a blast. :)

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!